Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help not getting no were !

the swap is in runs great but theres no speedo an keep getting p0191 an p0960

i do have a sct tune with auto file turned off .

car is turboed and i have changed fuel filter,pump and frps still no dice

car is also hard to start !

never had any of these issues before with atx ! i did run all the wires for sppedo as the zetech wiring ect

the saftey neutral switch i got working an reverse .

please help me out ! it seems alot of ppl have not done this swap into a newer DURATEC

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Ran it by my favorite tech guru and this was his response,

"If i were to guess, the PCM for a manual transmission is different than the pcm for an automatic transmission. even with an aftermarket tuner, the PCM is still looking for the TCM. I would recommend hunting down a PCM for a manual and see if that helps. A P0960 is a TCM code inside the PCM. If memory serves me right, the TCM is internal to the PCM. Changing out the PCM to a manual transmission PCM should fix the issue, however he will probably have to swap harnesses too. Best guess without staring at the car"

Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
do you know if the tranny harness on the 07 is separate from motor or complete ?

also can i get my key and dash to register with a different pcm ?

not to worried about the p0960 its more the speedo and the p0191 which is cause the car to loose power up top in rpm . ive also changed the fuel pump,filter an sensor and still no luck .

im gonna try to see on my buddys scan tool an visually see the pump ect running an run some diagnostic tests to see if we can catch something i hope

ps: Steve you work at tasca ford in MA?

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
You can have your keys programmed to work with a new PCM but it pretty much has to go to the dealer for that although some locksmiths have the programmer as well.

The trans harness appears to be part of the main engine harness, Like my friend said, odds are you're going to have to change it out.

I work "for" Tasca in Rhode Island now, used to work for someone else.

-Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can have your keys programmed to work with a new PCM but it pretty much has to go to the dealer for that although some locksmiths have the programmer as well.

The trans harness appears to be part of the main engine harness, Like my friend said, odds are you're going to have to change it out.

I work "for" Tasca in Rhode Island now, used to work for someone else.

-Steve

So Steve i went to the junk yard i got the parts for swap from an pulled the harness an ecu. Now my question is there was only the harness with the 3 main plugs that go to ecu an wiring to fuel pump i didnt see that there was a "tranny one" just plugs like if there was anothere harness ? but i did see that the motor had a disconnect point for motor stuff ect .

could you look it up an see for me what im missing if anything ?

thankyou

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Need help asap !!!!! Guys

as everyone said do the manual wiring with ecu ya cool did that an had keys programmed now no start due to were do i do for the safety neutral ????????

Checked the power at the reverse light since now there not working no power at plug !

Turn key on jumped right to starter nothing

someone help me out im stuck an its gonna be snowing soon ! Smh

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Did you check out Helm Inc? They have the same info that Ford techs have access to. As you're finding there's a lot more to this swap than most people think and the dash harness is just one more piece of the puzzle.

I finally have access to my Ford log in again but my access to the service manuals and wiring diagrams is still not working.

-Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so i did alot of testing and theres no power to f2.62 also f2.50 so im going to need sum electrical gurus for this . i know its in the dash wiring i ground the black an red wire off the start relay and i get it to crank over but no start due to spark . got fuel tho

i did find some diagrams showing wiring but cant figure out how to get the auto dash harness which would have the safety neutral switch built into it to work so i can get power to get spark .

also tired to feed them power and got nothing !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okea ive done the dash swap .now ive got reverse lights "yay" but still no start the harness i got had the pigtails cut for pedals except the red/black one . ive tried grounding the B an W wires which are clutch pedal position but nothing got the brake light wires hooked them still nothing . someone please shoot me some more ideas

ps: wen i do ad ground the the black of relay were the blk/rd wire is it cranks but not running.\\

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
There's two clutch pedal position switches, One at each end of travel, the one at the top of the travel shuts off the cruise if you touch the clutch and the one at the bottom of the travel is the starter safety switch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes an wen i jump the bottom switch nothing happens . but if i put ground to both wires then it works its almost like the computer isnt sending the ground .i also ground the top switch an nothing but wen you ad ground to it itll crank but still no spark to start.

funny thing is as i recall is the switch is on position if ijump starter isnt it supposed to start ? which it doesn't

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
The upper switch has nothing to do with starting, it's simply a cruise deactivation switch. The lower switch is the circuit you need to figure out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
okea so i have changed the main fuse box out to the original car ive gotten the wiring form and guess what still nothing ! SOMEONE GIVE ME ANOTHER IDEA CAUSE VERYTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED AN NOTHING SMh

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okea so I have no ground to safety wires , clutch position wires , an ebrake

Wen I do add ground it'll crank but no start.

What do you guys think ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SO ill give a update problem was found the PATS did not like the after market keys an had to have a ford software computer do the program an bingo !!!!!

now on to other little problems like a p0135 code B1 S1 heater ?

besides that everything is perfect .

anyone on issue

1 - 18 of 18 Posts