Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best full exaust system under 300 bones and im not looking for a tough install or an extremely loud one either. help me out guys
-thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
under $300 I think theres only one or two..Magnaflow. Many ppl are happy with it. I would save $60 more dollars and get the BOSAL..Its soo niccee! and its very quiet and a deep tone.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
well IF money wasnt a concern, I would go with the HKS exhaust..

best exhaust there is from my perspective

I have had the Bosal in the past, and while it was great for the time it was on my car...the sound,looks and overall smoothness doesnt even hold a dime compared to the HKS.

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
where can you find the HKS??

Jon

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea where and how much is the HKS if its that much better than magnaflow or borsal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i found the hks on nopi for 475, and the bosal flex pipe on there is only 107 which is the cheapest ive seen it.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
well dont you need more than a flex pipe to make up a full exhaust?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by KonaZXIII:
Come on iceman, the HKS can't be that
much better quality if any.
Check it out:
Bosal pics
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The bosal is about as low end as i'd go. The HKS is a notably better quality exhuast, but if your not very picky i'd go with the bosal. Its the best of the low end. My favs overall though are the apexi ws, thermal, and focus sport. My bosal gets me by.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by KonaZXIII:
Where do you get this from?

Bosal has great quality, fit perfectly (other than hanging a little low in back which is easily taken care of), ALL hardware and gaskets were included, welds were perfect, and shine was blinding. Good performance and sound quality.
If there is something wrong with yours?
Did you get a defective one?
What are you basing that comment on besides
personal opinion?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The first one I got was horribly defective, it had poor welds, the flanges didnt fit together, the can leaked, It was just crap. The second one they sent was much better. It fit easier and better. The welds are far from perfect on this exhuast, the systems i've had in the past looked about 10X better on that front. The stainless steel seems good but my old one was on there for about 3 weeks and had spots that wouldn't go away on it. The sound is pretty good, nothing to write home about. The best exhaust for a 4 cylinder is one that makes it quiet, and this does an OK job. Once again, its not a bad exhuast, it just isnt the best i've had. Its also the cheapest i've ever bought, so i think that's related.

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Originally posted by ruggedman:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by KonaZXIII:
Come on iceman, the HKS can't be that
much better quality if any.
Check it out:
Bosal pics
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The bosal is about as low end as i'd go. The HKS is a notably better quality exhuast, but if your not very picky i'd go with the bosal. Its the best of the low end. My favs overall though are the apexi ws, thermal, and focus sport. My bosal gets me by.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Where do you get this from?

Bosal has great quality, fit perfectly (other than hanging a little low in back which is easily taken care of), ALL hardware and gaskets were included, welds were perfect, and shine was blinding. Good performance and sound quality.
If there is something wrong with yours?
Did you get a defective one?
What are you basing that comment on besides
personal opinion?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
The cheapest I've seen on an HKS is 456.00 at options auto salon.

I think under 300, I'd get the magnaflow or Bosal, both look to be great systems. If you want the canister look, then bosal is the way to go. If you don't want the canister look, the Magnaflow. Pretty simple if your just talking under 300.00

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
canister look is everywhere, thats why i will be buying the magnaflow. the flowmaster is loud, and i dont want to be any more of a cop magnet. I was also considering a body kit, does the magnaflow fit with most body kits?

Jon

·
You Can't Make Me Laugh
4,566 Posts
Gothcha. I was curious, 'cause mine was
flawless.
Maybe you got one of the first ones?
Mine has been on for a few months and
not one problem.

[ 10-11-2002, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: KonaZXIII ]

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have to agree with Kona, his Bosal was installed here at my place during one of our mod g2g's. His Bosal is a beautiful peice of work in both fit and finish, and has a great sound. Although for my preference I prefer the Magnaflow. This is only my preference, it has nothing to with quality etc. I just like the nice smooth mellow sound of the Magnaflow and the ability to add another muffler to quiet things down more if you ever decide to go with a race header as I did, you can't do that in a system that already comes with more than one muffler. And the Magnaflow shouldn't have any problem fitting with the many body kits on the market either.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by dan-d:
the ability to add another muffler to quiet things down more if you ever decide to go with a race header as I did, you can't do that in a system that already comes with more than one muffler.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL, because you dont need it if they have it
i'd rather pay for it all at once and have a system that's designed to work together than piece in another resonator later...

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by belacyrf:
The cheapest I've seen on an HKS is 456.00 at options auto salon.

I think under 300, I'd get the magnaflow or Bosal, both look to be great systems. If you want the canister look, then bosal is the way to go. If you don't want the canister look, the Magnaflow. Pretty simple if your just talking under 300.00
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">$445.00 through overboost.com

I just got mine

304 Posts
which one of these produces the highest gains in power? im assuming the hks, but idk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts