Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up my car real nice today, long story short i have a big dent in the driver side rear quarter panel, right behind the door. Basically how do you get that inside panel off to get to it, or can you even get to it from the inside. If i have to i can probably use suction cups but my friend was telling me we can do a much better job if we can get to it from the inside and pound it out that way. Any advice would be much appreciated

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
yeh i have on and have had it since i bought my car in the same spot...would love to figure out how to get it out too

easy on the doubleposts

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
Like I told you via PM, if its on the rear quarter panel, above the wheel, you cant get to it from the inside of the car. You're going to need to jack the car up or get it on a lift, take off the rear wheel, take off the rear fender liner and bang it out from inside the wheel well area. If u just take off the plastics inside the car, theres still the whole skeleton structure hiding the outter sheet metal... hell, if all that was stopping a car from going thru the back of the focus was a piece of plastic door panel, I wouldnt drive it. lol

·
Registered
316 Posts
...dont forget the part where the dent wont magically pop back out and back to its original form.

Your best bet is to not mess with it, and take it to either a body shop, or an experienced PDR guy.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If it's that big a dent, I'd definitely go PDR... trying to bang it out from behind, aside from sounding like a total PITA, would probably just crease it the opposite way and make the situation worse.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Can you post a pic of this...I'd like to see it to give my opinion.

dentless dave!!
yeah post pics of your work. i remember that thread in Pitstop. awsome

·
Registered
293 Posts
If it's that big a dent, I'd definitely go PDR... trying to bang it out from behind, aside from sounding like a total PITA, would probably just crease it the opposite way and make the situation worse.
I agree - get it taken care of as soon as possible and I bet it will look like new. I have been very impressed by the paintless dent repair guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts