Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im a cheap ass. instead of just buying a hiflow cat or off road pipe i want to hollow out my cat until then. well i have everything taken care of except the egr bung thing how do i remove it? its like to nuts/bolts whichever i found on another post a guy put up fords directions for the manifold install--its what i kinda was following thanks! but all it says is "From below, remove the EGR connection to the catalyst [1 1/16"] see Fig 4."

is that a 1 and 1/16" wrench? friking big? which nut do i turn the one closest to the cat or further from? thanks guys!

·
[dd] - Dentless Dave
8,742 Posts
Re: need help losing light to work on her!

yup that's right.

you will want to turn the one furthest from the cat. That one is the EGR.

dentless dave!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

damn good people watching the jet! thanks guys! got it!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

WOW! alright, well my car has a bad muffler (magnaflow cat back, sending me a new one) so i think that was part of the no real good power (bad leak) but damN! after i killed the cat i drove it last night--noise wasnt too bad maybe a lil much but damn! she pulls! it feels great! and on top of that i got it inspected....two weeks ago muhahaha! a year of fun!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

That gutted cat is causing more turbulence than helping flow...once you've got $120 kicking around, get an off-road pipe or a set of 4-2-1 headers and you'll really feel it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Yeah, that Cat hollowed is just allowing the air to circulate in that big hollow cavity. Replace it and soon!

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts

Wow dude, good thing he didnt wait for you to reply to put it on his car.....23 days later

1 - 8 of 8 Posts