Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My manicurist says I have low self esteem...
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have a 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 with smoked bumper lenses, soon to be tinted windows, glossy black trim pieces that all gives off a grey/black scheme. I want to stand out more so I was thinking about painting my factory 16" wheels gunmetal grey. It would go with the scheme and be a little different too. Only thing is I have never seen this done on my wheels on my color car so not sure how it would look. What do you guys think?

Mark

·
King of the Fairies
4,883 Posts
i know a couple of people that painted there stockies to match there paint sceem, I think it would look good ,

Here are some examples

The one and only ARTIN

The sister version of my tribal

GuttedHatch's (what was he thinking
)

And mine , its not stock wheels but you get the idea

I hope I helped you out,
If you have a link to a pic of your car I can Photoshop any color you want your rims / windows or anything.(I use photoshop for a living so it wont be hard)

Cheers
RF

·
My manicurist says I have low self esteem...
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help man! I have decided to take the plunge and do it. I have 3 cans of Duplicolor gun metal wheel paint and 2 cans of their clear coat for wheels. I also have a can of grey high temp primer. Think I will need any more paint then that? I might go and get another can of clear and maybe 1 more can of primer and paint just to be safe. I don't want to start this project and not be able to finish and have to drive with some wheels gunmetal and the others silver....hehe.

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts