Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about $2500 to spend and I want to get the most for my money. It's a show car but needs a little more power. This is what I have so far:

AEM CAI
Borla cat back
FC 65mm TB
FC set of 3 pulleys
Bosal flex pipe
B&M short shifter

I was thinking:

FC cam gears
Croker cams
NOS
race header
porting of the head

Also I DON'T have to worry about emissions, they don't care in Oregon.

·
Registered
301 Posts
since its mainly a show car I would go with a race header and a set of cam gears. It will dress up the engine bay and give you more power.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
u mean crower? if ur doin cams, use the adj sprockets w/some stg 1 or 2s and get springs/retainers 4 those as well. exh work will help as well....

....NOS? as in holley brand, or do u mean nitrous?

-Ult

·
Registered
222 Posts
if you want a nice power increase for that money do the cam gears, Crower stage 2 cams, and the race header/flex pipe combo. also getting the head ported and polished is great especially with the crower cams but with the power it gives you you will be looking at alot of problems. you will have clutch slipping and more than likely fuel problems. the clutch is only rated to 150 crank hp i believe. and i am not a fan of NOS (nitrous oxide) so i wont suggest it.

so i would go with those three and a chip if you desire. also a front and rear stress bar would dress up the engine bay and the trunk or hatch and give you a big improvement in handling. you can get them from focussport.

just my opinion.

_geoff

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had another thought, the ported 2000 intake manifold gives better air flow. i know focus central sells them and so does CTZX3

-geoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts