Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i got a code for po171 ok i know what it is so far ive changed the pvc, DPFE, tune up, up stream 02 sensor i tried the work around from focus hacks nothing and my car is still stumbles it is a 2002 zx3 with 60000 on it and this has been going on for a week and now yesterday my gas cap light came on i even put in a new dipstick im losing my mind on this any help would be great thanks. oh but there was a tube with a nut on it that goes to the header on the right side just above the flange i thighten it back up but only finger thight i dont have a wrench that big please help thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
po171 is a lean condition.....either ur first 02 sensor or ur maf is bad....IMO

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
or a vacuum leak. Which is the easiest thing to check.

Scott

·
Registered
545 Posts
dude you've got a million answers to that so ignore the net diagnosis. go with checking the basics first to find it. start with checking vacuum and look for a leak like focusguy said. it should be about 16-18 inHg @ idle. lower shows a vacuum leak. also check fuel pressure if at all possible. if it's low, the engine won't be able to add enough fuel to compensate for the air coming in. if you can't do these, you're SOL and have to bite the bullet and take it to a shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts