Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an Injen intake off of one of the midwest guys and I am having a problem with it. When ever I try to put the tube where its suppose to go it doesnt seem long enough and want to plant right top of the spark wires connection area. Is there a big difference in the older Focus' to something like a Late model '02 that I dont know about conserning where some of the engine parts were placed? I am working on it as we speak so any immediate help would be cool.

[ 02-01-2003, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: GrndZero ]

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will add some pics

Am I just installing this thing wrong or does anyone see a difference in where the coil pack is from their car?

·
Registered
990 Posts
That intake should sit right above the plug wires. Don't let it rest on them, just give it about 2mm of clearance, about as much as you can... Loosten everything up and hold it where you want it as you re-tighten. If you let the intake sit on the wires, you'll get a CEL.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Too late, I put everything back to stock. I messed with that thing for about 3 hours. I am convinced that it will not fit, I tried all kinds of things. Its too short, damn thing was almost resting on the valve covers.

·
Registered
944 Posts
you've got the same problem i had with my injen when i got it. it's a first gen model. it wasn't made to sit up high enough over the plug wires so you kinda had to actually press them down and smash them with the intake. the maf sensor actually has to go in between the wires and it still rubbed on my hood when it was shut. i took mine off cause it actually slowed me down too cause the plugs would actually arc with it when it was revved high and this actually made my times at the track slower than with the stock airbox.

just my $.05

·
Registered
52 Posts
send it back to injen and request the generation III series, they will replace it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts