Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, we're trying to install the 2K intake manifold. I have a few questions. The 2000 has six hookups in the back, (two big, four small) while my current one has only 5 (two big, three small). What do I do with the leftover?

The second question is, we're trying to remove the fuel rail, and I've undone the two bolts, but am afraid to just yank it out. How do I get the injectors out safely? (I think they are injectors, they seem to be held in by the rubber that's encasing them. Please help if you can!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
If you are talking about vacuum hookups, and you can put all of yours existing hoses where they are supposed to go then just put a plug (autozone, pep boys)on the extra.
The injectors do just pop out. Do it gently. I was a little hesitant when I pulled mine out to install my JRSC, but thats how they come out when you undo the bolts. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ran into another problem -- On the bottom of the intake manifold there's a strange looking valve-type thing. It turns, but doesn't loosen. On the one that we're trying to remove, a hose goes into it, but we're not sure how to remove the hose and attach it to the new intake manifold. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It's been awhile since I took my manifold off but, WAIT, WAIT, Its all coming back to me now-that hose is a press fit into the manifold-To quote from the Jackson Racing supercharger installation manual "Locate the retainer ring where where the pipe enters the intake manifold. Push the plastic ring into the manifold/pipe assembly. Now, pull aggressively on the plastic pipe until it releases from the slip connection This pipe is very hard to remove from its clip." They go on to say, for installing the jrsc, that "You will not be rereusing the clip so it is of no great consequence if you damage the clip" I did the install my self in March of 2001 but I don't remember this as being particularly hard. Worst case scenario-you have to buy a new hose with the fitting. Good Luck!

·
Registered
389 Posts
That bottom connection is hard to pull off but it does just pull off. Another tip when you put the fuel rail back in place. Put a small amount of dieletric silicone compound on the injector O rings. It helps them slide in without pinching or cutting.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by Blue01Street:
That bottom connection is hard to pull off but it does just pull off. Another tip when you put the fuel rail back in place. Put a small amount of dieletric silicone compound on the injector O rings. It helps them slide in without pinching or cutting.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The new intake manifold should have came with new O rings...

Yea just plug up the spare hole..what we did was get a piece of hose to fit the slot then plugged a screw into the opening nice and tight..very tight seal..

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
The new intake manifold should have came with new O rings...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was talking about the O rings on the injector. Nothing to do with the manifold.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just put mine in yesterday, just push the red ring in towards the manifold as you pull out the hose or cap at the same time! It confused me at first but then it was stupid silly how easy it comes out.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help guys! What a wild install job. We spent 12 hours installing the manifold, MAFS and Throttle body. That includes breaks for Dinner. We finally got the first manifold off about four or five hours in. We spent way too much time trying to figure out what to do. Couldn't have done it without your help...Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts