Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - Here is the deal....

Last night I had to bring in my SVT '04 for yet another series of repairs, they gave me a loaner - a 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71. I drive over to my parents' house and met them up at a park for a motorcycle cruise. As I am pulling out of the parking lot I head up a street to a stoplight. I get pulled over - I originally thought the cop was going to tag me for how loud the pipes were, but he said I was speeding. Now the section of road we are talking about is about a city block maybe less. He clocked me doing 41 in a 30. There is no speed limit signs from the turn to the stoplight. I had a lot of speeding tickets in my past - from when I was 16-19....but haven't had a moving violation in 2 years. There was no way that the truck was going 41 mph - No way.

Any Advice?

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
go to court and explain your case. only thing you can hope for is that the judge is willing to "feel your pain." take pics, cause those could help. hell, half the time the other cop won't show up and you'll be free to go anyway.

Mike

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My roommate said that I should just plead guilty and ask for a continuance. Which I have thought about - I just don't want to plead guilty to something that I didn't think I did.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
yeh i just got one yesterday unfortunetly.

was doin the posted speed limit and got pulled over in my town. but unfortunetly it was the posted speed limit 1 month ago
. they changed it from 50 to 35 in one area. So im gonna plead with the cop and if he doesn't tend to my liking...its judge time.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Request the cop's notes from the traffic stop. At best, they're not provided and you have a good reason to have the case dismissed. At worst, you'll find out the cop's side of the story and have a better defense ready.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Take mesurements of the distance from the turn to the stopsign. If the truck cannot accelerate to 41 mph and come to a complete stop in the same distance then you have your case. Simple math can get you out of a ticket. I did it before in Colorado Springs, I think he is still looking for me this day. Evidence is everything.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool - thanks guys, I will try some of the info listed. I just have worked so long to get my record clean, only to have it busted my some rookie cop. Grrrrr....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts