Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up my car real nice today, long story short i have a big dent in the driver side rear quarter panel, right behind the door. Basically how do you get that inside panel off to get to it, or can you even get to it from the inside. If i have to i can probably use suction cups but my friend was telling me we can do a much better job if we can get to it from the inside and pound it out that way. Any advice would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that you've got another structural piece of steel inside so there's no real "getting to it from the inside"

Or, you could contact the member SVT2RS, he just had the rear quarters off and he could probably tell you what's back there. Here's some shots of his car undergoing the treatment:

SVT to RS conversion

·
Registered
582 Posts
There is another piece of structural steel there to go through. You'll either have to go around it through an existing opening or drill/cut your own.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys, so far it seems i wont have enough area to work in but im hoping the suction cups do a pretty good job.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Depending on the nature of the dent, try taking it to a paintless dent repair facility. A good dent guy/girl will do wonders and they will usually only have to drill a <.5" hole (they have an assortment of specialty tools that they use to work the dent out). Give it a search, they are pretty reasonable usually.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a dent on mine very similar which has also caused me great emotional pain! :p (check my link in sig for pics of dent) I took it to a paintless dent guy, and he couldn't get behind it from the door jam. He told me there's very hard steel along the jam (part of the frame), and the drill won't go through it. His recommendation was to do body work....which I can't afford. At least he didn't charge me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts