Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble finding the correct jacking points on my 2000 Focus ZTS. I know they are supposed to be about 8" from the front and 6" from the back but I can't find any significant marks indicating them. Please let me know where they are (using the numbers that I've placed on the photos) on the two pictures below. "Photo 2" represents the front of the car and "Photo 3" is the back.

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
4 on the front. And for the back... I think between 3 and 4 or maybe at 6 but that doesn't look right.

Do you have black textured plastic side skirts down there? I do, and my skirts have arrows at the jacking points. I'd have to check.

·
6,880 Posts
okay on the back... you're still too far back on that pic.

Look under the car for the e-brake cable. About a foot and 4-6 inches forward from the back of the side skirt there's a metal/plastic clip holding the e-brake cable. You'll want to jack at the pinch weld that's right there.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the quick reply.

I don't have black plastic side skirts. My rocker panels are body-coloured. I think the black side skirts only came on the LX sedan and on some hatchbacks and mine is a ZTS sedan.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx axon. I'll look for that pich weld near the metal/plastic clip holding the e-brake cable tonight when I get home. If I can't find it, I'll post a new photo tonight with a larger view of the rocker panel near the back tire.

And while we're at it, I saw your article on focushacks about raising and jacking a Focus and I will do like you say and lift the front of my Focus with a lift under the front subframe where the transmission mount bolts up.

But how do I lift the rear? There doesn't seem to be a central lifting point in the rear of the car. Can I place the lift in the center of the rear subframe (the 2 green dots close to each other in the graphic) or is that really only for jackstands and not for lifting?

·
6,880 Posts
I've successfully lifted the rear using the subframe that shows 2 jackstand points, but the jack looked like it could easily slip off and then you're talking about punching a hole in the fuel tank or spare wheel well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts