Ford Focus Forum banner

Need high end power!!

416 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  blueovalbaboon 
#1 ·
I need high end power real bad. How do I get more high end without sacrificing my low end??

#2 ·
shorty header and high flow cat pipe not race header...if ur looking for non sacrificed low end. and after that get some FR stage 1 or 2 cams and some gears

#3 ·
I agree with Pete...
The answer to bad high end power is in the camshafts..
That's what makes the SVT such a V-tec slaying machine because of it's cams....I don't know if you own an edition of Focus Fanatic but HKS used a combination of Esslingar (mispell) cams and a stock cam and they claimed it gave them good mid and high end power...

But unlike Pete, I would suggest going for 4-1 header rather then a shorty header...The 4-1 header gives better high end power plus it just gives you more horses over all...Don't worry about losing low end power on a Zetec motor...Zetec motors are torquey devils and a major lost of low end power shouldn't be all too bad with a 4-1 header (actually it might even give you some power.....who knows)...

Oh yeah...a sport chip would be good...extending your RPMs well also help you keep up with high revving cars and a good flywheel well also help you reach those high ends alot faster.

I hope this info helps...

#4 ·
Get stg II crowers, saying you sacrifice low end power is retarded. You definitely get a kick at 4k, but how often are you below 4k when racing anyays
? I love em, highly recommend em.

#5 ·
If u dont alrdy have it, and bomz or AEM true cold air intake, will give u gains from 3000up, will lose a little down low. But if ur racing on the strip u are rarely at low rpms.

#6 ·
how much do you want thats the question

#7 ·
FS 4-2-1 race header

FR stage 2 intake, stage 1 exhaust...maybe a stage 3 intake stage 2 exhaust. I KNOW the former works...haven't seen a dyno of the latter but I hear it ain't too bad.

And of course intake, possibly TB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.