Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Everyne knows, a cooler motor produces more power. Unfortunately, there is not a real way to quicky cool the motor in the focus. Im looking for people that would be intrested in an electric water pump. There currently are non on the market yet. And this is a popular car to autox and drag w/. If there is enuff intrest, bmaybe we can talk a sponsor into makin one. so how bout it?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
How do you figure an electric water pump would cool the motor better than the stock water pump?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
How about a lower temperature thermostat, or FAL race fans,or smoother buring oil, or a CAI, or thermo wrap, or blah blah blah..you could go on and on with countless stuff to try to get the engine to run cooler..

An electric water pump will not have the midas touch to get the motor to run 50 degrees cooler.. you would need alot more than that..

·
Registered
201 Posts
ok i have been thinking about this alot to. this is what i have come up with. instead of an eletric water pump(face it chances that the focus gets on is small) maybe just a high flow water pump, new radiatior lower thermo, oiler and fuel cooler, and maybe a bigger oil pan(more oil it has more time to cool) and a high flow oil pump. if you wanted to go extreme maybe increase water passage in the head.

all this would be worth it. only if you wear running hi compression pressure(by either compression or boost) or a hell lot more timing on a boosted car.

plz as always correct me if i am wrong

1 - 6 of 6 Posts