Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-it's been a long time since I posted. I bought a 2003 ZTS and now have SVT wheels with 215/45 ES-100 tires. I want to change the suspension, but I'm not sure what to go with. I have a $500.00 budget, so here are my considerations: Full SVT setup-dampers, springs, rear bar with poly bushings, or the Eibach Pro System( Pro Kit springs, dampers, and bump stops). All other setups are either too low, stiff, or expensive. I want to keep a decent ride with good travel and damping-I had Pro Dampers w/ Sportlines on my other Focus, and the dampers were great, but the springs sucked. The SVT setup is only a minor lowering-3/4 inch is what I've read-and I get a rear bar with factory parts and quality. The Eibach setup is lower and firmer for better control and looks, but more expensive and may have some rubbing. so I'm not sure what to do. I don't want any rubbing, so please consider my wheels/tires. Thanks for your help guys-I wouldn't be complete without the Jet- Andy

·
Registered
242 Posts
Since you liked the Pro dampers you could split and go with SVT springs and Eibach dampers.I have this combo and love the feel.

I think the more subtle drop looks ok on the sedans and I've had the SVT springs on for a year and can't fault the ride quality.
Also have the Progress rear bar and this setup is night and day different(read:way better)from stock or even with just springs.
I think you'll be ok on not rubbing with SVT wheels since they were made(correct offset)with slight lowering in mind.
I never tried the full SVT setup but others have it and like it and you can't beat the price.

rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts