Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am only going to buy one of the the following and need some opinions as to which one and of course your expertise on why.

Quad Lamps
Cam Gears
Random Tech Cat
UDP
Street Header
or Diablo chip

The Header and Lamps are the spendiest of the bunch. I'm slowly working towards 140 horsepower but don't see too many in my area with the Quad lamps.

Right now I have Borla, FCTB, Iceman w/ the add on, progress springs and that's about it. If I buy one of the performance parts, even though it will only be one I'd like to at least feel a tiny bit on the butt dyno. The other option beyond getting just one is the UDP and the chip as they are about the same as the Header and lamps but I've read that the UDP isn't something I could register on my butt dyno. Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
222 Posts
cam gears all the way. get them tuned and they will give you the most bang for your buck. when i had mine tuned i gained 18 hp and 10 lbs of tq on the ground!!

geoff

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Cam gears are high on the list - though don't forget you need to dyno tune them to get a benefit - factor dyno time into your costs.

Otherwise do the header - and budget for the cat you'll more than likely need to replace later.

Looks like intake is more than covered - your motor now needs help on the exhaust side.

Cat by itself is pointless. The stock exhaust manifold is a bigger weak link than the cat.

Diablo is bad for your warranty. UDP makes it rev easier, but could overtax your alternator keeping your lights bright. May also be bad for your warranty because of that.

Quad lamps - you'll only benefit when you're outside the car - and maybe in the dark. Exhaust or cam gears are mods you'll enjoy anytime.

Howzat for prioritizing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts