Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have UPD, ice-man and cat-back. When I first put my UPD in, I will very happy w/ the gain it give me. But I found that when I start adding more stuff, the gain is less and less significant.
What's the next mod I should do? I want something that can give me some feel on power but not costing me an arm and a leg.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
SUSPENSION!!!

dollar for dollar the best feel you can get (to me). Apex springs/shocks are $400 at mcnews... there are many more options.

for power adders you consider a performance chip?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Full SVT setup is already on my list, I go for SVT setup is because it is a lot easier to get as I am in Canada.
For chip, research is telling me that they don't do much on MTX and the price for gas is sky high now. How about cam gear?

·
Registered
847 Posts
ditto...suspension kit will yield the most noticeable difference when driving (short of turbo or nitrous, hehe).

otherwise...short header, good high-flow cat and flexpipe should add a good 10whp. Or cam gears for about the same if tuned on the dyno.

edit: you can get supsension parts through Canadian shops...unless you're happy with the SVT setup.

KW parts through FocusTuning.com
H&R parts through ZX3Tuning.com (FocusSport distributor)
CTA Motorsports in Brampton has some stuff too.
etc. etc. etc.

I highly recommend the KW Sport Kit

[ 10-08-2002, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Marction ]

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marction: I highly recommend the KW Sport Kit
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know, but I just can't convince myself to pay 2x the $ for KW. Let time I check w/ FocusTuning.com the price is $999 and full SVT for $478

·
Registered
299 Posts
Cams!

·
Registered
647 Posts
for lower priced mod, you have the tb and the cam gears, or for better spark and better mpg plug wires or the demon coil and live wires

1 - 9 of 9 Posts