Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is whats going on, I like my focus, its reliable and I love it...but its a pain when its more than just me and my roomate going somewhere and the engine isn't that powerful.

What I was thinking is when I get back to the US later this year is trade her in on a used WRX wagon, I was wondering what sorta things I should look out for to make sure I don't get one that won't blow up on me in a year, also what sort of price range would a 2 year old WRX go for? At first I was real skittish about the thought of buying a used turbocharged sports sedan/wagon but I want somthing bigger and more powerfull than my ZX3.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Get the 2.5 TS Impreza sport instead of the WRX sport if you don't want to deal with a turbo. Used Subaru's hold there value for a very long time, a used WRX is still going to be in the 20's. A used RS or TS is going to be anywhere from 16k to 18k.
The 2.5 engine in the RS/TS is rated at 160hp, just adding an intake on it makes a huge difference too.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I guess you'd just have to use your instincts as to how the car was treated in the past; feel the car up sorta!

A good compression gauge, and brake inspection wouldn't be a bad idea though. Those will give you tell-tale signs...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts