Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had probs. with the bypass valve(black plastic diaphram) keith at jackson wants to know!!!! im on my 3rd. one...ALSO,ALSO,ALSO... list any and all problems you have had with the jackson kit for the focus!!!and what you would like to see finished or made for us!!! he (keith,head tech at jackson)will be viewing this post and we have to show him the problems we are having,and the things that need to be improved on !!!! thank you all for your help.ROLL ON

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Don't have a Jackson kit, but when I get serious about FI I'll be considering it.

#1 thing I'd like to see finished is the ZETEC "race" kit for the non-SVT ZETEC with the bigger compressor. What happened to it? Will it ever happen?

#2 thing is the "big boost" kit for the existing non-SVT Focus kit. What happened to this? I'm sure a lot of the guys with the current kit would love this!

#3 some sort of new kit for the ZETEC with an intercooler. I know it's not possible with the current kit (other than the one guy that sort of did it... what ever happened with that?). It'd require a new intake manifold or maybe use the factory one and put the blower somewhere else (under it?) then run it through some sort of intercooler. Ok, so this one won't ever happen. Maybe it's something to work towards for the Duratec guys?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you its a start, we need all the input we can get for this... i also wanted the m62 AND big boost upgrade for mine but no dice
...ROLL ON

·
Registered
733 Posts
If Keith is viewing this you should receive the M45 anytime now.... its in LA and heading your way.....

Hey I rhymed....

·
Registered
643 Posts
Need Big boost kit for SVT ASAP!!!!!! C'mon Keith!!!!!!!!

I've had zero problems with my blower or any part of the system...... Well except for the throttle cable bracket breaking.... But Keith already knows about that and also how I fixed it. He owes me a couple of Corona's if I ever drive to California!

Right Keith?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Keith is well aware of my JRSC issues! I just wish he'd call me back!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Damn double post

·
Registered
993 Posts
----> Throttle cable bracket. ::sigh:: Anyone have someone who can create a new quarter inch titantium bracket for us lonely JRSC users?
I'm getting mine re-welded for the 3rd time tomorrow.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Also, I'm not sure if the p/s failure really is related to the JRSC or not...but I know I've had it fail twice, Bluetoy's has failed, the competition SVT's has failed, and I think another guy with a JRSC SVT on here failed also.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well he just wants to see the probs we are having cuz he is un aware of these things... now he can see
ROLL ON (even tho im rolling with a no boost jrsc)

·
Registered
993 Posts
What's up with you repeating "ROLL ON" ????

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kind of like my sig. just keep doing what we do ya know...and again...ROLL ON

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I haven't had any problems with mine, been running it for about 20k now. The only thing I would suggest with the current SC is to make smaller pulley's available. I replaced mine with a 2.6" and love it. Not a big increase in boost but it brings the boost in sooner. I haven't experienced any fuel problems either, and I do have a pretty good ear for detonation....so far so good !!! (fingers crossed).

BTW, just to pass something interesting about MPG. My car with the JRSC installed has been getting around 30 - 31 MPG which is about the same as I got when it was NA, now that I've installed the 2.6" pulley things have become interesting. If I drive it hard and play with the boost alot it averages 26 - 27 MPG, but if I drive it fairly easy and don't get too deep into the boost it averages 29 - 30 so. I just filled up this morning and this tank got me 29.4 MPG.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Where do I start? I'm having a problem with hesitation on and off the throttle. I spoke to Keith and he suggested taking the supercard out and reinstalling it, well no good. I now have a CEL and a car that runs weak. Oh it really backfires coming off throttle and so on. I'm tired of it.

Steve

·
Registered
993 Posts
Where do I start? I'm having a problem with hesitation on and off the throttle. I spoke to Keith and he suggested taking the supercard out and reinstalling it, well no good. I now have a CEL and a car that runs weak. Oh it really backfires coming off throttle and so on. I'm tired of it.

Steve
That sounds more like an ignition problem. Have you checked the spark plugs? I had those symptoms right after the install...I had fouled a plug

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yo stevo!! if you test the other 2 and it does not work try mine, take off the hose to the black vac. diaphram that controls the bypass butterfly(disconnect it at the int. man.) and try to blo throu that hose... if you can its your problem...then post it like i said im on my 3rd. in as many weeks...ROLL ON

·
Registered
135 Posts
2 things i would request. 1) better inspection of product before it goes out the door. keith is aware of my flash cast problem. by the way thanks a lot for getting me that manifold quickly.2) They should really do away with the useless plug on the back of the manifold. First one fell out and new one worked it's way loose already. It's only been on the car for a month or so. A smaller pulley setup would also be nice, but hey a person can dream or look elsewhere.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Smaller pulleys for sure..even if you dont offer fuel managment with it...

my car has a hesitation from 3500 to 4500 rpm...when i let off the throttle and get back on it

big boost kit...any day now...

switch to screw type chargers

work kit out for intercooled...relocate batter to rear..make some room...and intercool the thing

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
StayPuffZX3,
I actually use that plug-it's for the JR liquid intercooling system which screws right into the hole. It really cools down the charge. It has an adjustable boost dependent spray; I have mine set to low boost and I can actually watch the temp gauge go down when on the boost a lot. Gives me about another 1 pound of boost.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts