Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I found what I believe to be a major leak on my intake manifold and I need to find a part quick.

It's the line that goes in the driver's side just under the throttle body. You know, it's a biotch to remove... GIG, Jim, Patrick, you know this one for sure. Anyways, it's kinda' broken so the line isn't secure in there. I need to find a replacement line or part number if anyone knows, let me know! This may be causing a bunch of the "issues" I've referred to in my posts regarding my turbo.

Thanks for any and all help. Please post here, PM me, email me ([email protected]) or call me (567) 204-6701 if you've got any ideas!

Rusty

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Are you talking about the shiny black plastic line that goes into the side in a big hole just under the throttle body? I think that one might be the one going to the brake booster. If it's the line that is messed up then I would think getting a replacement shouldn't be hard. However if it's the clip that is built into the manifold that is messed up then you've got problems.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Um...why problems with that? I'm not sure what all is [censored] up, I'll have to dig more tomorrow.

Can't get replacement clips?

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
If it's the one I'm thinking of it's kinda permanently pressed into the manifold. I'm sure they wouldn't sell a replacement clip, just a whole new manifold. Like I said, hopefully it's just the line. If the clip in the manifold is messed up then you are most likely going to have to take the manifold off and get a barb fitting welded or srewed on so you could attach the hose that way.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I can get a new manifold and get that part out, could I press it in my old one do you suppose? That is, if I can get the old one out w/o damage...

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I don't think there is any way that plug is coming out undamaged. Just have a small piece of alluminum welded on in that spot that is threaded for a nipple and run a new hose to it. If you want, ship the manifold to me and I'll fix it for ya.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome news and thanks alot, but there is no way in hizzell I'm taking that manifold off again unless absolutely necessary.

Thanks! I'll update ya later!
Rusty

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Send an e-mail to Danny Werkema. I bet he's got one. [email protected] You know he'll send it out ASAP and for a good price! DO IT!!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No he won't! I emailed them the same time I posted up here. They found out that once inserted, it can't be removed w/o breaking it. They found out the hard way.

It's a $35.00 part from Ford... I'm going to call about one tomorrow.

Rusty

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Wow, I'm extremely surprised you can buy it from ford seperately from the manifold!
Good work!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No joke! Trisha (Dan's secretary [I guess?]) sourced the part for me since they broke the one I was interested in. They roxors!!!1!11

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
DUCT......TAPE.....

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know, I thought about using duct tape, but realized it would clash with my zip-tie motif and decided against it. Since I can't use zip-ties, I decided to fix it right and am picking up the part today.

Thanks fellas!
Rusty

1 - 16 of 16 Posts