Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im feeling a little jaded and I know the jet can help me out. I have a zx3 with AEM CAI, Diablo sport Chip, FS UDP, and a 1320 Motorsports exhaust ( 1320, for those of you that dont know was the shop that made an exhaust for project focus in sport compact car ). Its a 5- speed.

Now Im getting crower stage 2's from focusboy and already got some gears, but as you can tell im in real need of a header, I live in socal so what do you guys suggest I do about my smog tests?

Should I just switch back to stock manifold for the test or what ?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
contact 'zx3ford' . dev is 1 of the big dogs behind this site and hails from cali. hit him up 4 his .02, he can most certainly help u. he might ask u 2 buy him a big juicy porterhouse, but its worth it lol.

-Ult

[ 03-17-2003, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Some people do just what you suggest. Before you get a smog check just put everything that effects emissions back to stock. Swaping the intake back is 20 min. even swapping back a cat for a race header is only a couple of hours, i'd put the cover back over cam gears, remember to pull any chips.

It may take a day to do all of the swaping but it's easier than the headache at the smog check station.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you guuys rock thanks for the help. I think ill swap everything back when its time.

One more question how often do I have to smog in Cali? I heard every two years

1 - 4 of 4 Posts