Ford Focus Forum banner

need some help

385 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  hotrod95
Hi everyone. I have been checking out the site for a few days now and finally registered. Currently I own a 95 Lightning but have thought about selling it to buy an 04 SVT Focus from a friend. Are there any possible issues that I might have to deal with down the road or are they pretty solid cars? Thanks for any insite.

Jeff
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
The SVT is fairly well put together. It was released after most of the major issues with Foci were ironed out. The only issue I know if is that it has "quirky" tuning. You'll probably want to pick up an XCalibrator from a tuner to make it a bit more driveable. Other than that, just keep up on your maintenance.
See less See more
This particular car happens to have a Procharger blower along with an XCalibrator for the tune. Going off of the limited time I have in the passenger seat, it runs pretty good. I just didn't know if there would be any surprises laying ahead of me.
Most of any problems with the SVT Focus on here appears to be with quirkly quality issues. That being said, some people have had great luck with them...others have had no-so-great-luck.

I'll move this topic to SVT HQ for more owner input
See less See more
This particular car happens to have a Procharger blower along with an XCalibrator for the tune. Going off of the limited time I have in the passenger seat, it runs pretty good. I just didn't know if there would be any surprises laying ahead of me.
if your buying an 04 most the problems should be wiped out by then, and you might still have a factory warranty to cover some minor issues if any. The most common problem seems to be the bad clutch/flywheel which im sure would be replaced already if it was bad. (unless it has reallly low miles?)
It has just over 19,000 miles. If the clutch was going to be a problem, it probably would have surfaced rather quickly after the supercharger install, right? Did Ford use a not so good clutch in them or something?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.