Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide what to do to my car next. I would like to give it some more power, but not hurt the gas mileage too bad. I don't want to make it much louder than it is already. I also want to keep a cat on it. $300-400 is going to be my limit for now. Any suggestions? Thanks

[ 02-06-2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: REDFLASH ]

·
Registered
322 Posts
You only have a couple choices: a street header (keeps the cat, and you gain about 3-4 hp, 6-7lbs of torque) or a chip. Gas milage may suffer more with the chip due to the advanced timing and using premium gas. I'd say go with the header; just don't buy the Pacesetter-mine wouldn't even bolt up to the cat! Go for the Focussport or JBA. A high-flow cat is around that price, but people here say the loudness goes way up. Cams will hurt gas milage, but performance is good, as is just cam gears. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am thinking of a race header with a cat in the flexpipe eventually. I am guessing I will need to add a resonator to tone it down a notch or too though.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
wait for the SVT header with integrated cat package for the zetec to come out...

i am

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just saw that. Sounds like a good product to wait for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts