Ford Focus Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought some stage 3 crowers and was wondering if i could put the exhaust came in the intake position and vice versa. that is just way too much exhaust duration
i really dont think it would suffer a whole lot.. but where is the cam timing sensor? will that effect things? does teh intake cam have a notch or something?

·
Registered
591 Posts
wait wait wait let me get this straight

YOU WANT TO PUT THE INTAKE CAM IN THE EXHAUST AND THE EXHAUST CAM IN THE INTAKE?

WTF!................

I DONT THINK I AM UNDERSTANDING YOU CORRECTLY

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
please, immediately pack the cams back up, send em back and sell your car, get a trycicle and cut up your drivers license...u have no business even touching a car

May GOD be with you if you actually plan on installing these yourself...and i hope you got some springs and retainers, those cams are on the edge of needing new springs and retainers...

Will the cam position sensor affect anything? Yeah, just your engine, no biggie

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
please, immediately pack the cams back up, send em back and sell your car, get a trycicle and cut up your drivers license...u have no business even touching a car

May GOD be with you if you actually plan on installing these yourself...and i hope you got some springs and retainers, those cams are on the edge of needing new springs and retainers...

Will the cam position sensor affect anything? Yeah, just your engine, no biggie
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">NAZ DONT EVAN WASTE YOUR BREATH

TRY THIS

·
Registered
803 Posts
Now, not being an a-hole. No you can't swap them. The intake cam has a chunk that the cam sensor reads. On top of that... you can't install them correctly using the cam alignment tool, they would be 180 degrees out.

As far as power it would not be beneficial at all. A rule of thumb I always heard is for the exhaust to flow 80% of what the intake flows. Switching the two would be the opposite.

The Springs and retainers are a VERY good idea with those cams. Also, the Crower site says that Stage III and above require grinding the head for lobe clearance. I have not installed stage IIIs but that could be an issue. The stage IIs come really close to not having enough room.

·
Registered
395 Posts
HAHA! Oh ****! Thats some funny stuff. This isnt no honda Si. You cant be swapping cams like that.

[ 11-08-2002, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: tsmithr1 ]

·
Registered
591 Posts
no its just that perople ask really really dumb questions! come on man think about it intake cam in the ehaust thats some searious crack to be smoked !

there is no common sence in that question anyway, the intake cam stays open longer why would you put it in the exhaust!

im not a motor head but i know my stuff

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
NO QUESTION IS STUPID when it comes to engine-works.
Everyone started somewhere below where they are now.
You LEARN by ASKING. No Harm, No Foul in Asking. Where's the Focal-Love people???

It might make NO sense to you, but in an on-line Forum, Curiosity killed nothing but Interest for a person trying to learn.
One point of note that Spankenstein posted is this:
"The Springs and retainers are a VERY good idea with those cams. Also, the Crower site says that Stage III and above require grinding the head for lobe clearance. I have not installed stage IIIs but that could be an issue. The stage IIs come really close to not having enough room."
No joke, I've read of serious cam-scarring due to improper head/valve prep.
DON'T reverse them, and dot your i's and cross your t's for best results.

BTW,
WOOOOFFFF!!!! (Oh, I mean... Bark!!!....
I'm not a big dog, just a nice guy w/ a little knowledge...
)

[ 11-08-2002, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
For the love of god, you mother f-ers are mean.

·
Registered
591 Posts
bah

LOOK IT IS CALLED COMMON SENCE LIKE NAZTHUG SAID

PACK THE CAMS BACK UP

SEND THEM BACK

GET A REFUND

BUY A MOPED

BE HAPPY

YOU WERENT MENT TO RUN A 14

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Artin, you're not winning any points on your thin ice w/ your lack of "Statesmanship".
I doubt you knew any different 2 years ago, if you even know now, aside from what others are saying...
Pardon my French, but unless you've got something CONSTRUCTIVE to say, STFU!!!!

O/T is a little different.
This fellow just had a Question.
CHILLLLLLL!!!!!

[ 11-08-2002, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Originally posted by spankenstein:
This board is starting to have a serious lack of people that don't berate people with a simple question. It's just fluff that is almost as bad as plain old post whoring.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ditto I agree, Naz and Artin
Guess you two "know-it-alls" knew everything when you 1st started working on cars.

MichaelXi, thank you so very much, I've been watching Artin for a while and he very seldom has anything constructive to say about anyone or anything

[ 11-08-2002, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: FlaFocus ]

·
Registered
793 Posts
This is the stuff that is turning many from this board. We all started at the beginning at some point, without knowing the ins/outs of autos.

I, granted, make the occasional snide remark, however I do try to help most of the time. Cut Travis a break here. I agree it's an "interesting" inquiry but let's give hime information not "****tis" (no harm meant Naz).

Bottom line answer is No, it can't be done safely or without cost and consequence.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:
Artin, you're not winning any points on your thin ice w/ your lack of "Statesmanship".
I doubt you knew any different 2 years ago, if you even know now, aside from what others are saying...
Pardon my French, but unless you've got something CONSTRUCTIVE to say, STFU!!!!

O/T is a little different.
This fellow just had a Question.
CHILLLLLLL!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">me chill

you chill you nipple ring!

PARDON MY FRENCH DONT CUSS ON THE FOCALJET.COM BOARDS!!!!!!

MODS PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS
LMAO--kick back

·
Registered
400 Posts
Originally posted by Travis:
I have bought some stage 3 crowers and was wondering if i could put the exhaust came in the intake position and vice versa. that is just way too much exhaust duration
i really dont think it would suffer a whole lot.. but where is the cam timing sensor? will that effect things? does teh intake cam have a notch or something?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmm, he asked if the intake cam had a notch. MAYBE he means doing this himself, might he accidently put the exhaust cam where the intake goes. I don't think he meant to actually swap them intentionally....but how would you tell the intake from the exhaust cam? ...Maybe?...

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Man, I've seen people be flat out penile heads on this board, but this is some of the worst I've seen.

I myself having NEVER cracked open the head of an engine had no idea what the answer to this question would be. My first gut reaction would be no, but how the hell is he supposed to know unless he asks?

I swear I hope this comes back on you guys, you ask a seemingly harmless question and have some pricks hand your ass to you on a platter! Not Cool

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Artin STFU. One more negative post like that from you and you are getting another week off. I am sick of having to babysit you man. You are an adult now act like one and treat people with some goddamn respect.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.