Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Focus SE and I'm getting a turbo kit for it but I don't have any idea on what all I'm going to need. Anyone have a checklist for this?:confused: Also I'm confused on what to do about the fuel damper. If I upgrade the injectors what do I do about the damper?:dunno:

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks !!!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Welcome to focaljet. Which engine do you have? Zetec(DOHC) or Spi(SOHC). Also is this an automatic or manual trans car?

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I'm not sure what your talking about when it comes to the damper b/c I never dealt with it on mine. Simple as putting in injectors and getting the proper tune, and pretty much done. In a kit alot of it is already done for you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
welcome

with damper im assuming you mean fuel pressure regulator, you can do that with the tune, but since you have a single cam motor in an SE (om assuming) i wouldnt waste my money on a turbo i would look into a zetec motor to swap into in and build from there

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
welcome

with damper im assuming you mean fuel pressure regulator, you can do that with the tune, but since you have a single cam motor in an SE (om assuming) i wouldnt waste my money on a turbo i would look into a zetec motor to swap into in and build from there

Not all se models were spi motors. All LX were, but the zetec was very common in SE cars.

·
Registered
362 Posts
ops forgive me for above statement :) ^^ i thought only ZTS came with ztec, i learned something new

·
Orange cones scare me
2,865 Posts
yeah mines zetec and its a wagon se :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts