Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, For a while now my car, with under a quarter tank of gas would not make power at high RPM. So I decided to change the Fuel Filter. After the change with under a 1/4 tank my dad took the car around the block, and said It ran fine at high RPM. I took the car and the damn thing would guggler at the same RPM everytime under hard acceleration (about 4400rpm). Sounds like a bowl of rice krispies coming out of my exhaust when It happens.

So we pulled our Diablo chip and checked to see if the timing belt was sliping, but the same thing occured. Now, I took the car to for a little ride and the car seems to have a mined of its own. I go over a bumb and the windsheild wipers come on. The headlights wouldnt come on. What the Hell is going on!!!!!!!!

Im thinking the thing has a timing problem or some sort of electrical issue.

Please........PLEASE, if you have any idea what this is, could you try and help me out!!!

Thanks
MBZX3

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
do de do do do de do doo.. i think it's posessed bro
do you still have warranty? im lost as to what would be doing that except for a ghost

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
If i let my car get under a 1/4 of a tank it sputtered and tryed to cut out

the fuel pump and pickup is in the front of the tank so with low fuel and some power this causes a problem

Question, if you put 1/2 or better in the tank does it still happen,,,if no than thats your problem,if it was timing this would happen all the time

tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts