Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DaimlerChrysler has released some details on the upcoming 2007 Dodge Caliber, its Neon replacement. The Caliber is scheduled to go on sale next year. Chrysler has teamed up with Mitsubishi and Hyundai to develop the four cylinders that will be used in the Caliber. They have also chosen to source the Caliber’s new CVT transmission JATCO, a Japanese supplier. The Caliber will also feature a new all-electronic AWD system that will provided power to the front wheels most of the time, diverting power only when necessary to the rear. This way there is very little lost in the way of fuel economy.

The Asian connection may prove to be a winning one for the Caliber. Chrysler is investing a lot into its small car platform. The Caliber will likely be a combination of American style, Asian drive train, and European handling. This may be a winning combination for the global Caliber, which will also be sold with a diesel engine in other markets. The choice to use a CVT is a wise one, which should give terrific fuel economy and performance from the Caliber’s choice of engines. Also, knowing that the Caliber will feature AWD does open up the possibility that the next SRT4 will be AWD, despite Chrysler’s current defense for not making the Neon SRT4 AWD.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: Neon Replacement, Dodge Caliber.... repost?

THANKS DETRIOT NEWS:::

allpar says VW diesel???? crazy stuff- nice option though!

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts

the neon replacement is a suv/minivan? I dont get it.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

the neon replacement is a suv/minivan? I dont get it.
Thats what I thought, but overall size is real close to the Neon. It even uses a 4 banger.

·
Registered
956 Posts

It looks to be like what the Vibe is for Pontiac..
I like it....

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

keep it up dodge

im tellin u, one day the public will wake up and think "wait, my dodge caliber looks like that durango next to me, the magnum behind me, and the charger infront of me...i want to stand out, new car time"

honestly...its a vibe with a DODGE front end, nothin to drop pants over

-chris

·
Registered
2,610 Posts

its a neon sized durango YAYYY....

note my sarcasm

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

its a neon sized durango YAYYY....

note my sarcasm
but ya kno, thats just the thing...it is

·
Registered
715 Posts

keep it up dodge

im tellin u, one day the public will wake up and think "wait, my dodge caliber looks like that durango next to me, the magnum behind me, and the charger infront of me...i want to stand out, new car time"

honestly...its a vibe with a DODGE front end, nothin to drop pants over

-chris
...With an Evo IX/Sonata Powertrain underneath the hood...

·
What have I... What have I... What have I done to
14,709 Posts

Hmm, thank you to [FJ] because I wasn't aware the 2007 Durango was going to be available in the strange Orange Blast-ish color, haha. Ya I agree with all you guys, Dodge has probably become the most drab car company out there because I have trouble telling most of them apart when they come into the auto center i work in. Seeing this just makes me even more anxious that the 2-door Fusion will be a reality in the near future..

·
Registered
116 Posts

I was talking to David Hakim (Marketing Director for Mopar Performance now Direct Connection) and PVO is releasing the SRT-4 version of Caliber. It is 300 hp and 300 ft-lbs of torque. The engine is 2.4 turbo based off the new World Engine, that Chrysler completely redesigned instead of going with the Hyundai version.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

I was talking to David Hakim (Marketing Director for Mopar Performance now Direct Connection) and PVO is releasing the SRT-4 version of Caliber. It is 300 hp and 300 ft-lbs of torque. The engine is 2.4 turbo based off the new World Engine, that Chrysler completely redesigned instead of going with the Hyundai version.
nice power...

but too bad horsepower doesn't change looks, hey wait a minute, it seems to be Dodge's angle now

"if we go fast enough, they can't see its hideous"

-chris

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

and just for reference...Hyundai is going places, i would buy a hyundai over a dodge any day

i want a new sonata for a daily beater so bad

-chris

·
Registered
116 Posts

Chrysler still owns 10% of Hyundai, as well as a big chunk of Mitsu. The new engines are to be shared. The Chrysler SRT-4 engine is to find its way into the new EVO, and some kind of Hi-Po Hyundai.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Chrysler still owns 10% of Hyundai, as well as a big chunk of Mitsu. The new engines are to be shared. The Chrysler SRT-4 engine is to find its way into the new EVO, and some kind of Hi-Po Hyundai.
I guess that's kind of like everyone in the Ford realm getting at least one version of a Duratec.

·
White Elephant Husband
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Im sure it wont be long before tuners are builing these things and calling them stuff like the "45 Caliber" etc.

·
What have I... What have I... What have I done to
14,709 Posts

Hmm, I wasn't aware that Chrysler owned a portion of Hyundai. Is it just me or would it be great to see either an SRT-4 OR SRT-6 version of the Tiburon? And as far as the Sonata's go, my mom almost bought a new one but couldn't get over the fact that she would confuse it in a parking lot with the 98570918 Accord's around here, haha..

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

You all need glasses if you think all the Chrysler products look the same.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts