Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Acura-TSX.com
Here are a few pictures I took on Friday as they were loading the TLs into the transport heading back to California. Its obvious that Acura did not put a lot of effort into sneaking the TL in and out of town unnoticed. They parked on one of the busiest streets in downtown Seattle for an hour while getting the cars loaded. To me it looks like they wanted people to see it.

So what can be learned from these photos:

1. There are definitely two break specs. Brembo on the 6 speed and a lower spec on the automatic.
2. No AWD.
3. 6 DVD/CD changer in dash. Will Acura offer a video monitor for the back seat?
4. Mobile phone controls in steering wheel but non of the controls look like they are illuminated (could this be?).
5. LED rear lights.
6. Sunroof controls and OnStar (?) controls mounted up high.
7. Potential evidence of the adaptive cruise control "sonar" on the front bumper.
8. No rear-view camera.
9. No rear park control evidence.
10. Evidence of blue "ambiance" lighting in the overhead console...a la TSX.
11. Camel interior comes with Walnut wood trim.
12. Leather seating surface is perforated.
13. Standard rubber is 235/45R17

I have no problem making these images Acura-TSX.com exclusive. If someone wants to mark them up and re-post them at the top of the thread, that's fine with me.
Pictures Here:

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1049

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's not the new Acura TL.

Acura TL = the replacement of Acura Vigor
Acura TS = the replacement of 4 door Teg

I have seen TSX on the road, it's not eye catching to me considering the new mazda 6, lexus IS or even altima look better IMO.

=dRe=

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not the new Acura TL.

Acura TL = the replacement of Acura Vigor
Acura TS = the replacement of 4 door Teg

I have seen TSX on the road, it's not eye catching to me considering the new mazda 6, lexus IS or even altima look better IMO.

=dRe=
Not the new acura TL?

The TSX is the 4 door Integra replacement...the TL is a different car.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
its starting to grow on me, i like the tsx alittle more tho. Replaces my beloved maxima as my fav import midclass sedan.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
the interior is cool. steering wheel has a lot going on in it...

·
Registered
631 Posts

You funny guy.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't know if any specs are out right now. acrua-TSX.com apparently got the pics by calling every hotel in the area after seeing a TL around there and they found out there was an acura convention in town.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
not origional, id rather have the mazda 6. also random line with the reflector at the end is STUPID, i never noticed that before.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yeah, that's the new one. Sorry, I thought when I read the board it was the TSX, my bet

Oh well, it looks kind of ugly

=dRe=

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
TSX + big boost JRSC and CAI + Hondata + big injectors = approx 300whp.

BMW eater.

I want mine in red.

BMW M5 +...well nothing = 400HP

Acura eater.

I want mine in Le Mans Blue

·
Registered
361 Posts
not origional, id rather have the mazda 6. also random line with the reflector at the end is STUPID, i never noticed that before.
Yeah, that bodyline is pretty pointless and nasty.

Why did Honda/Acura design the thing to look so much like the TSX? This is beyond just "styling cues."

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, that bodyline is pretty pointless and nasty.

Why did Honda/Acura design the thing to look so much like the TSX? This is beyond just "styling cues."
New brand identity i guess...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
pfft, I'll take the TSX and the extra wad of cash I have leftover, thanks
I'll take the factory warranty of the M5 and there won't be too much money left after said mods to the TL and then you still have to try and get the TL to handle as well as the M5.

BMW please

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
pfft, I'll take the TSX and the extra wad of cash I have leftover, thanks
I'll take the factory warranty of the M5 and there won't be too much money left after said mods to the TL and then you still have to try and get the TL to handle as well as the M5.

BMW please
I'll just buy a used car, like a 240sx, mod that suckah, and I'll still spend less then the TL, TSX, M5, etc.

Hell I'll be happy with just that. [censored] the warranty of a new car...gonna void it anyway when I start modding it.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Overall, it looks pretty good. They should have made it look less like the tsx though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts