Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Apex\'i review

Just had the Apex'i world sport installed today here are some things i noticed:
*Beautiful Piping (titanium coating is awesome!)
*Welds and Bends are all smooth and perfect
*Extremely solid construction (reinforcements)
*Long lasting system
*Tip fits bumper perfectly
*Sound is so smooth and powerful
*No "farting" noise upon deceleration
*Great fit (new gasket for flex pipe even!)
*No drone on the highway at all
*From inside the cabin sounds almost like stock

Alright there's my praise for the apex'i! I'll likely have some pictures and maybe a sound clip for people...
Oh and anyone else know what the piping size on this bad boy is? It's bigger than the bosal's 2.25, it may be 2.5 inch even!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Re: New Apex\'i review

awsome! Im not sure on the size pipe, but if its a 2.5in thats pretty big and will hurt performance unless your boosting...the sound does kick ass though...and photos?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
awsome! Im not sure on the size pipe, but if its a 2.5in thats pretty big and will hurt performance unless your boosting...the sound does kick ass though...and photos?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Photos are coming....as far as power loss goes the apex'i ws is all about their strong mid range so I doubt there's any losses anywhere in the curve. It surely doesnt feel any different than the bosal according to the butt dyno, so whatever.

G

·
0 Posts

Glad that you like it ! See, you don't even need to listen the clip I emailed you. Apex-i is

=dRe=

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Originally posted by V:
where did you get it from?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was gonna get it from rollhard performance but they were out of stock. I ended up finding out that Nopi had about the best deal going for it. Their shipping costs are really low too. Great exhaust for the price!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts

Can't wait to get mine.

No Limit Motorsports has it for $400.

If you click on it, it works just like the link on the top of the page.

[ 11-05-2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: RainyZX3 ]

·
Registered
2,089 Posts

It's probably like 2.4inches. Usually Apexi uses Milimeters as they measurement, so I think it's like 60mm, so about 2.4 inches!?

That's sweet that they make the WS for the focus now!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Originally posted by Jays2000ZX3:
It's probably like 2.4inches. Usually Apexi uses Milimeters as they measurement, so I think it's like 60mm, so about 2.4 inches!?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yup that's what it is...60mm i measured it today. It's very sweet! To me its not even a choice anymore
This is one purchase you wont kick yourself for.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by RainyZX3:
Can't wait to get mine.

No Limit Motorsports has it for $400.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">My nopi total ended up being right around $450 i had a $10 coupon, and shipping was pretty cheap. I've always like nopi a lot too, it's just usually there too expensive. This time around they were either the cheapest, or close to the cheapest.

·
Registered
168 Posts

ruggedman: Are you going to be able to get a sound clip and pics? I would love to hear it and see it as well. The apex'i is one of the exhaust systems i am considering and i havent seen or heard that system actually installed yet.

[ 11-06-2002, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Infra_Red_ZX3 ]

·
Registered
397 Posts

Originally posted by Jays2000ZX3:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Apexi has had the WS exhuast available for the focus for over a year and a half allready

·
Registered
217 Posts

Ruggedmann, I'd like to that sound clip as well if possible.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yeah yeah guys...i'll work on that sound clip. For the time being, i've got some pictures of it installed on bacon's zx3. Like i said i'll have something more for you guys soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Good Choice man i have had mine for almost a year now. I like mine too. Once you hit the right RPM than you will here it growl. Good choice

·
Registered
168 Posts

Wow...so there isnt a muffler at the end of the system. It has a similar layout as the magnaflow and others like that. I was under the impression that it was like the HKS...piping and a muffler at the end. Very interesting!! But looks great. Me likes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Originally posted by Infra_Red_ZX3:
Wow...so there isnt a muffler at the end of the system. It has a similar layout as the magnaflow and others like that. I was under the impression that it was like the HKS...piping and a muffler at the end. Very interesting!! But looks great. Me likes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope no rear muffler. Its just got a HUGE resonator in the first section, then a big paint can size muffler. I like it too

·
Registered
168 Posts

Can't wait to hear the sound clip!

·
Registered
122 Posts

I too have the APEXi and I couldn't be more happy! Great choice man. You should hear what it sounds like when you put a venom 400 chip in there. OOOOOWEEEEEE. Nice and deep and extremely smooth at low RPM's but when you stomp on it...People definately know you're coming.

·
Registered
184 Posts

So, what happened to the sound clip!?
would like to hear it, thanks in advance
by the way, how is you low end, exhaust seems to be a bit large for a 2.0 litre engine
I think 2, or 2.25 inches is more appropriate
well, waiting for that saound clip!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts