1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I don't believe a coil-over "compresses" the spring. They raise and lower the seat the spring sets on.

But, 9 out of 10 guys here will tell you to avoid these unless all you're looking for *is* looks. A "good" set of coil-overs for the Focus will run you 700- 1600 bucks.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Ground Controls can be good... as long as you use them on the right damper and the right spring rate.

Don't do it right... and your spring rates are thrown off from wheel to wheel and you're screwed pretty badly.

Typically a lil cheaper than what you'd pay for a set like H&R or KW... but more engineering and thought has to go into it to make it work properly.... like corner weighting

Oh and Phillip... a H&R or a KW coilover will compress the spring... thats how it controls ride height.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Ground Controls can be good... as long as you use them on the right damper and the right spring rate.

Don't do it right... and your spring rates are thrown off from wheel to wheel and you're screwed pretty badly.

Typically a lil cheaper than what you'd pay for a set like H&R or KW... but more engineering and thought has to go into it to make it work properly.... like corner weighting

Oh and Phillip... a H&R or a KW coilover will compress the spring... thats how it controls ride height.
I didn't know that...I thought the bottom perch moved up and down to control the height. Doesn't that screw with the spring rate?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts