Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Racing will be introducing a new head package at SEMA. Stock head w/ bigger valves and CNC milled ports. Complete bolt on head w/ valves and springs should be priced in the 8 - 900 range.From what I have heard should be an easy 150 to 175 hp depending on cams.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You read you get excited...nice price.
You realize American Dollars 8-9 hundred there is anywhere from 15000-20000 here

Still not bad for that HP.

·
Registered
723 Posts
wonder what it'll make with crower stage 2's?

·
Registered
299 Posts
CharlesWA and I will check it when were there.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
hmm...i wonder how it will compare to the current FS and FC heads

It that WHP or Crank HP figures ray???????????

Seems like ford is actually still working with the focus, think they will ever do that turbo they always talked about??????????

[ 10-16-2002, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are dyno charts coming in the new Ford racing catalog for all three FR cam sets. That should give you a better idea of what power the heads will make.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
hmm...i wonder how it will compare to the current FS and FC heads
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I wouldn't be surprised if they have already compared them design-wise, before deciding on what approach to take.

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think they were going to make comparisons. I believe Roush milled the head and they knew what they wanted. For the money it would be tough to beat. We are just finishing our head package it won't be that cheap.
The flow numbers on there head were in the low to mid 200's In. and high 100's on the Ex. ours are comparable at less lift.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yel900rr, will we be able to purchace the new ford racing heads from you when they become available?
Wow that is an awsome price.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by Yel900rr:
I don't think they were going to make comparisons.... The flow numbers on there head were in the low to mid 200's
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hmm....thats funny, mine flow tested between 245-250...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Originally posted by nazthug:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Yel900rr:
I don't think they were going to make comparisons.... The flow numbers on there head were in the low to mid 200's
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hmm....thats funny, mine flow tested between 245-250...

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">heh, so far naz you've got me sold on the FC head package...once the bolt-on situation is taken care of....i'll be step'n up

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
im not sellin anyone...nor am i tryin to...

I have no reason too...now sponsor me and its another story

Just stating some interesting facts...especially when they are tested numbers...i like proven results u know????

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
sorry, double post

[ 10-17-2002, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Naz
What was the valve lift for your numbers?
There are variables in flow numbers.
Your head flows well your HP proves that but for the money spent these heads are going to be tough to beat. What could you do to them for the money spent to make them better versus other heads available that includes our own head.

Yes we will have the heads available when they are released.

[ 10-17-2002, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Yel900rr ]

·
Registered
452 Posts
i like it, its cheaper to, and no offense to anyone but i trust the people who have been doing this for ford for a looooong time

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Yeah, there are a few things to consider when comparing heads.

First, your flow numbers, what vacuum was used to measure that?

Second, how many CC's are your ports? Anybody can hog out a head for big flow numbers. But if somebody can get good numbers, with a small port, you'll get more torque too.

Just a few things to consider since people are going to start comparing heads.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts