Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I must say I'm quite impressed with the numbers considering I didnt have a chip in and kept hitting the Speed limiter. The Car wanted to keep pulling but the stock ECU wouldnt let it....Damn Ford!!!!!

Anyway here are the #'s
(Done in 4th gear)

HP: 146.6
TQ: 138.4

Here are the list of my Mods.....

Volant Intake
FC throttle body
FC 4-2-1 Headers
FC Cam Gears (Settings Int. 3 deg Ex. 0 deg)
Crower Cams Stage 2
Bosal Flexpipe and Exhaust
UDP
Pro-Flow MAFS

Now, I have a Diablo chip but I didnt have the right program and didnt want to risk it, so the these dyno runs were done on 87 octane (yuck) and no chip. The guys at Steeda sayed that with the chip in, it would have easily done 150hp plus at the wheels!!!!!

Ill try and get it scanned so i can show you guys....you should see the power band, from 4000rpm to 6100 where it cut off theres awesome power both Torque and Hp....... Just goes to show you that if you carefully pick your mods, do alot of research, 150hp with NO HEADWORK should be no problem.......

Enjoy, and any question ar more than welcomed

MBZX3

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Sweet #'s for just those mods.
That's just about what focusonmyzetec hit,but he doesn't have the mafs but has a 2000 ported intake manifold and hit 147whp and like 138 lbs tq.
Anyways great job, and keep modding that mofo!!!

john-

·
Registered
591 Posts
DAMNIT I WANA HIT THE DYNO!!!!!!! ****ING RANDOM TECH CTA I HATE YOU!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

anyway great numbers man i hope to surpass that if i can every get my **** straight

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I had at one point 148.7hp but but only like 134tq and i wasnt happy with that. The power was all at the high end. I wanted the power right in the heart of the power band so when you shift going down the quarter mile, it's right in the sweet spot.

So i had to sacrifice some peak Hp #'s for a little bit better looking power band. ......Like I said I think it's worth it because when you mash the gas in first gear......DAMN.......From 3500rpm to the redline it's ridicuolus....Good Stuff!!!!!

One day id like to port the manifold like FocusOnMyZetec but for now, Im happy......I'll go back to the Dyno once i get my chip programmed to hit 150hp.....Ill keep you posted!!!!!

:thumbup

MBZX3

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by MalibuBlueZx3:
Well, I must say I'm quite impressed with the numbers considering I didnt have a chip in and kept hitting the Speed limiter. The Car wanted to keep pulling but the stock ECU wouldnt let it....Damn Ford!!!!!

Anyway here are the #'s
(Done in 4th gear)

HP: 146.6
TQ: 138.4

Here are the list of my Mods.....

Volant Intake
FC throttle body
FC 4-2-1 Headers
FC Cam Gears (Settings Int. 3 deg Ex. 0 deg)
Crower Cams Stage 2
Bosal Flexpipe and Exhaust
UDP
Pro-Flow MAFS

Now, I have a Diablo chip but I didnt have the right program and didnt want to risk it, so the these dyno runs were done on 87 octane (yuck) and no chip. The guys at Steeda sayed that with the chip in, it would have easily done 150hp plus at the wheels!!!!!

Ill try and get it scanned so i can show you guys....you should see the power band, from 4000rpm to 6100 where it cut off theres awesome power both Torque and Hp....... Just goes to show you that if you carefully pick your mods, do alot of research, 150hp with NO HEADWORK should be no problem.......

Enjoy, and any question ar more than welcomed

MBZX3
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">150hp with NO HEADWORK & NO CHIP....should be no problem....

damnn man! Exactly the same mods I have..just differnt brands of course..Its good to see these Crowers Making Nice amounts of TQ as well as top end..dont you love it!! You will deffintly be over the 150 mark when you get the chip in..and then imagine with a nice ported intake manifold..wooo weeeee! I should be gettin my Pro-Flow here within a week or two courtesy of CTZX3 and will dyno again..hopefully to get into those 150's!! makes you look real real foward to getting some headwork done when your already mathicn the ppl's power who have headwork...

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
Vince, still have a little way to go to catch me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts