Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Dyno #\'s

My mods are Volant Intake, stock MAFS, FC T/B, FC Race Header, FS Flex pipe, Bosal Exhaust, Ford Racing Stage 2 Cams and Fidanza Cam Gears, FC small UDP, DiabloSport Chip (LFQ1 with 1K idle speed) and Performance Distibutors coil + wires.
Pro-M dropped the ball and forgot to send out my new MAFS since the other one was killing power after 5600 RPM. McNews called them several times and they agreed to have it overnighted by the time of the dyno. Ray at McNews did all the tuning on my car, we did 18 pulls to see how the car responded. I wanted to see over 140hp but I did not want to sacrafice the nice torque numbers and lowend. I'm confident that when I finally get the new Pro-M the car will pull over 140 since the stock MAFS was a big restriction in the intake.

[ 09-12-2002, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: ModifyYourFocus ]

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Re: New Dyno #\'s

well u should be able to get 140...ur torque is nice and high..not bad numbers

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

ohhh I sooo love that TQ!!! That is awsome! I think thats the most TQ I have seen with just bolt ons...Your HP is a nice curve as well..with the pro-flow you should be up over 140whp and still up over 140ft lbs..awsome.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts

Very ncie numbers!

Judging by your A/F - f you could Lean out to about 12.5-13.0 at around 4K->6.5K You would have some even stronger numbers!

Nice!

- Drew

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I was thinking about getting a custom burn to try to correct the A/F. I'm gonna wait and see what happens when I get my Pro-M back and then maybe look into another chip or some other sort of A/F modifier. The midrange is where I really need to get the A/F flatened out around 13. I tried a superchip on the dyno and it ran between 14.5 and 13.7 which was a little too lean for my tastes and it hurt some lowend. I also tried a custom diablo but it leaned things out too much at the bottom end and hurt torque. However, both programs did a beeter job of flattening out the A/F curve.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

nice, w/ just cams and some basic bolt ons....btw are the ford racing stg 2 cams pretty mild?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Spec-wise the cams are fairly mild, they make good midrange and lowend but not as much top end as the Crowers. I did a few pulls close to 140 with different gear settings but those pulls were too peaky for my tastes.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts

those ford cams(CRANE) are extremely torquey, thats what will be going into my car next week along with the new head....no compression though, still has to be boost happy;)

But i loved driving naders car with those cams, the torque was awesome, 5th gear just pulled

·
Registered
8,272 Posts

BTW...to give you guys a hint about the best torque/HP numbers with these cams, swap out the intake to a ford racing/crane cam stage 3;)

A great way to make 159whp/146ft/lb of torque

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by nazthug:
BTW...to give you guys a hint about the best torque/HP numbers with these cams, swap out the intake to a ford racing/crane cam stage 3;)

A great way to make 159whp/146ft/lb of torque
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I already have that setup (Ford Racing Stage 3, Ford Racing Intake Manifold and our new head package) just waiting for our new head to be completed we have seen some good increase in flow numbers on our head. We should have some numbers on the dyno soon.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts

well...ray, prepare to see torque numbers in the LOW 120's with that ford racing intake manifold, also, Im guessing you figured out where it makes power and have raised the rev limiter to 8000rpm, if you haven't yet, than youre in for a surprise.

But if you like power from 6000-8000rpm, given that you have also learned how to raise the rev limit that high, youre gonna love it, but youre gonna hate being down low, TONS of torque loss as far as dyno numbers are concerned.

Im anxious to see what you guys get on the dyno though

·
Registered
44 Posts

Originally posted by ModifyYourFocus:
My mods are Volant Intake, stock MAFS, FC T/B, FC Race Header, FS Flex pipe, Bosal Exhaust, Ford Racing Stage 2 Cams and Fidanza Cam Gears, FC small UDP, DiabloSport Chip (LFQ1 with 1K idle speed) and Performance Distibutors coil + wires.
Pro-M dropped the ball and forgot to send out my new MAFS since the other one was killing power after 5600 RPM. McNews called them several times and they agreed to have it overnighted by the time of the dyno. Ray at McNews did all the tuning on my car, we did 18 pulls to see how the car responded. I wanted to see over 140hp but I did not want to sacrafice the nice torque numbers and lowend. I'm confident that when I finally get the new Pro-M the car will pull over 140 since the stock MAFS was a big restriction in the intake.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not only that, your MAF is most likely saturating at 5300rpm. This is pretty easy to spot when the air/fuel ratio hits a minimum and then begins to climb linearly with RPM. The new Pro-M meter should take care of that (with a wider dynamic range) as well as provide less of a flow restriction. Once you get that all set, there should be more power to gain by optimizing your air/fuel ratio.

[ 09-13-2002, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: mjchip ]

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by nazthug:
well...ray, prepare to see torque numbers in the LOW 120's with that ford racing intake manifold, also, Im guessing you figured out where it makes power and have raised the rev limiter to 8000rpm, if you haven't yet, than youre in for a surprise.

But if you like power from 6000-8000rpm, given that you have also learned how to raise the rev limit that high, youre gonna love it, but youre gonna hate being down low, TONS of torque loss as far as dyno numbers are concerned.

Im anxious to see what you guys get on the dyno though
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We will find out soon enough. We will see how it works with some other mods as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts