Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the dealer this morning and they downloaded it from the Mother Ship and loaded it into my ECU. I then did a Ctrl-Alt-Delete and rebooted and drove home for 25 miles.

First impressions - too early to tell but the car was running great before I took it in and runs the same or better now. Some of it may just be because the ECU has been re-flashed, which makes it run better for a while anyway until it "settles in".

It does seem to idle a little higher with the A/C on and I drove it around in 1st and 2nd gear to see if the surging at 2-3k rpms was there and it was not. It usually did it worse when it was cold so the next couple of mornings will give me more data to work with.

I will keep you posted.

BTW - did I tell you I like the way our motors sound at full song?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Please keep us posted.
My car has MAJOR surging at low RPMs.
I was told by the dealer that its just that the
SVT throttle is soooo sensitive that its just my foot
varying. If that is true I must have Turret's.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Good to hear Mike plus there have been positive posts in the ECU Calibration thread for those getting it done.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I posted on the sticky that I got mine too. I found the same thing as Mike. No surge, no battery light flicker, no rpm dips into the 200-600 range on idle, no rpm hang. As I stated over on the other post, I am already confident with just 45 miles under my belt that they got it right this time...but only time will tell. Looking forward to see how she drives in the morning.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
Do tell what it feels like in the AM
If it's all good, I'll make an attempt to have my stealership do mine this week.
I'll let you all know what they say since I have the JRSC and you know how much dealers love to blame everything on mods

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
Do tell what it feels like in the AM
If it's all good, I'll make an attempt to have my stealership do mine this week.
I'll let you all know what they say since I have the JRSC and you know how much dealers love to blame everything on mods
Please do so...my JRSC should be here no later than Saturday. I am eager to see how the new program reacts with the s/c installed. I went in with every mod listed, and they still did it under warranty, no cat and all. I brought them the tsb number, told them i had been in contact with svt for the problems listed (check the sticky post) and they said "no problem" So, please let us know if you get it done...or any one with a JRSC for that matter. Thanks.
hahahaha stealership...just noticed that

·
Registered
82 Posts
<font color="black"> i'm taking mine in on wednesday to get all kinds of issues addressed and the new flash. to be honest i may have never driven my car at its full potential, i think maybe the dsi has always been broken and the dealer just has no f'n clue as to what really is going on with these cars. which by the way infared are you getting your car serviced at don davis off 360? </font>

·
Registered
269 Posts
went to the dealer this morning and they downloaded it from the Mother Ship and loaded it into my ECU...
What version did you get? RLA6 or a newer one?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I plan on getting mine done next time I am in for an oil change. So far sounds good to me.. I have noticed some surging in the mornings the past week or so, so hopefully this will fix that.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So are you guys able to just go in and talk them into doing it on the spot?

I went to three dealers today and they all want to keep my car for at least a half day to "verify the issues".

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Yep, told them I have been having the listed problems(printed out sticky thread) since I got the car, and have had the other update at which point I refered to tsb 03-4-4. Also, told them I have been in contact with svt about the issues. I gave them the tsb number and all of that. The took care of it no problem. Also, cold start this morning was actually about the same as RLA6, as far as idle. It went to 1.5K stayed for there for about 5 seconds, went to 1K stayd there for about 10 seconds then idled normal. The driving was much better when cold than RLA6. It didnt buck back and forth when I let of the gas in 1st, accel was smooth. Of course I never bring it past 3K when it is cold. But there are times that call for you to get a little pick up going, traffic and what not, and with the new up date it accelerated much better when it was cold. It wasnt struggling to pick up speed as it seemed to do before. Will have to see how she acts over the next few days. No sign of rpm dip, stall, or battery light flicker when it was cold this morning. Still looking good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts