Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so after a grueling 20 hours worth of work, i got the old engine out, the new one in, but now it wont start. I have power (radio, lights, and such), but when i turn the key it just keeps on clicking. I just finished puttin the new motor in my baby about an hour ago, i think my battery is now dead due to the many times tryin to get her goin. I am really frustrated and would greatly appreciate anyones insight on the matter. thanks in advance.

...bartek

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
inertia switch...there could be a ton of things from a swap.. r u getting any fuel pressure?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well now it wont crank over since last night. I charged up the battery and no luck.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shes crankin again. but she still dont want to start. Yes i do have fuel pressure.

[ 03-26-2003, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: bartlomiej ]

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
do you have all the sensors pluged in? cam, crank. what is your battery voltage? it should not go below 10.2 voltes while cranking. other wise the ecu will not even send a spark

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i have enough voltage because she is cranking over nicely, vut I am not receiving any spark at all, and she doesnt want to start while jumping either.

·
Registered
128 Posts
try the fuel cut button on the passenger side in the car. sounds like a familiar problem. its probably shut off.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by killerbfoci:
try the fuel cut button on the passenger side in the car. sounds like a familiar problem. its probably shut off.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">not if he has fuel pressure...

(how was that fuel pressure confirmed?)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the help, but after asking casperse he proposed it maybe the crank position sensor (considering the engine i got was from an autotragic). This turned out to be the culprit... actually it wasn't the sensor, but the sensor housing. the one for the atx engine was almost an inch bigger, preventing the sensor to get a reading from my flywheel (as opposed to an atx flexplate). so this ordeal is now over, thank God.
BUT! now there is a new prob: rough idle, rough gear shifter, and permanent brake lights. any thoughts?

....bartek

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one positive thing i do have to say about this whole fiasco is that now i have a decent amount of focus knowledge and experience, and i am becomning quite self reliant when it comes to workin on my car. not too shabby, considering i didn't know $#!+ about automobiles less than a year ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts