Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the rods snapped and they found four hole in my block. I wasn't racing or anything I was just pulling out of a parking lot and made it about 15ft and BOOM...oil everywhere.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i had that happen to me. did the dealer help you or did you get the same treatment i got. which was, sorry you had a intake and exhaust, you mod the engine, we won't help you....dealers suck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just had a new block installed in my 2000 ZX3(the other one blew up)and I want to put my cold air intake back on it. Now should I wait until the 500 mile break in period or can I just put it on now?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I had was A CAI and new wires... I took off the CAI when I took it in and rubbed dirt on the old intake to make it look like the rest of the engine.
They gave me no problems, and it was coverd under the extended waranty.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by Spyder_Freak:
one of the rods snapped and they found four hole in my block. I wasn't racing or anything I was just pulling out of a parking lot and made it about 15ft and BOOM...oil everywhere.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's so crazy. Mine did the EXACT thing in October. Put 4 holes in the oil pan/block as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts