Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New \"Eyes\" & Added At Least \"2.3\" To The Wheels...

Couple of pics taken by a fellow 'Jeter today at our TNE G2G. Put on the ST170 lights, euro upper & lower grills yesterday. Could not have done it with out the invaluable help by "Focuz 3". Thanks Jimmy, you are a credit to all Focus owners everywhere. Also decided to to semi debadge my car. Took of the Focus & ZX3, but added the "2.3" from the Mazda3. Didn't like the chrome so I decided to paint it black to flow & go with the rest of the car. Don't foget to check out all of the pics of our G2G today in Team New England. Had a great turn out, 18-20 great looking Foci, all ZX3's! Anyway, here they are:

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
Re: New \"Eyes\" & Added At Least \"2.3\" To The Wheels...

holy crap I didnt even notice the grills today Mark, lol. You know i think it looks awesome... love your car man.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

holy crap I didnt even notice the grills today Mark, lol. You know i think it looks awesome... love your car man.
second that

but man those badges look sick in real life, very nice choice...and between u and evan's lip, put the order in tonight
sry jacking ur guys' style

-chris

·
L1m drinl after cgrsitmas
3,737 Posts

Nice bro!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

The pics don't do his focus justice looks 20x better in person.

·
Registered
303 Posts

NOICE! Super clean. The 2.3 badge in black fits very nicely.
Is that an SVT suspension?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

love it man, looks awesome

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

Mark, when i pulled in i didn't recognize your car at first because of the lights and grills.

your car, as always, looks great. gets better each time i see it.

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

NOICE! Super clean. The 2.3 badge in black fits very nicely.
Is that an SVT suspension?
Thanks for the compliments & yes it is the SVT suspension.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

Thanks for the compliments & yes it is the SVT suspension.
overall, mark, what are your impressions of the SVT setup?

·
Registered
5,396 Posts

looks real good....... i think the 2.3 badge flows well, like you said espically cause its black

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

overall, mark, what are your impressions of the SVT setup?
I love it! It is a vast improvement over the stock suspension. IMO it is the best bang for your buck to improving one's suspension. Finally got & put on the SVT rear sway a couple of weeks ago. Having a slight/minor problem though dialing that in. I don't own a torque wrench, so I had to "guestimate" when it came to tightening everything up, especially the end links. Been getting a slight creeking from the right side. Happens when it is under load while turning to the left sharply. Only happens when going slow, like when you are turning to say back up, etc. Backed of both sides a little & it has decreased a little. I just don't want to back off too much where the sway is not going to function properly. My question is that being that the top nut of the end links are a "nylock" style of nut, & that I believe the end links only require 18 ft lbs, how can one achieve an accutate setting when hitting the resistance of the nylock nut? I guess it will trial by error.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

did you get the polyurethane rear sway bushings?

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

did you get the polyurethane rear sway bushings?
No I did not. The bar & bushings only had 1K on them, so decided to wait to see what kind of condition they were in before going that route. Also, from what I have read in here on the 'Jet, general consensus it that the stock bushings would fit me fine due to not autoxing or anything similar. Also looked at the urethane bushing set that New Edge sells, & it is for I think the stock 20mm sway. I am so confused!

·
Registered
364 Posts

Mark, thanks for all of your kind words. I love your PZEV. The way it drives and handles puts a
on my face. Your car looks and acts so much like a factory turner package.

As for your RSB. You can get both poly bushing and poly endlinks. I don't know why it's creaking. Maybe try lubing the SVTF endlinks and RSB bushings.

ttyl

·
Registered
3,853 Posts

Mark, it was great to meet you at the Danbury meet! And your car...wow
! It was one of the sharpest looking Foci there. Like Jimmy said, the car looks like killer machine right from the factory . Subtle, yet effective.

Great job so far

Oh and great job on the painted mirrors. It looks like a perfect match!

·
Sir Buffs A LOT
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Mark, it was great to meet you at the Danbury meet! And your car...wow
! It was one of the sharpest looking Foci there. Like Jimmy said, the car looks like killer machine right from the factory . Subtle, yet effective.

Great job so far

Oh and great job on the painted mirrors. It looks like a perfect match!
Eric, thanks for the very kind words. Slowly but surely my car is coming together. Like demonfire, wasn't planning on any other major exterior mods, then you roll up with the mean & clean euro machine, & it gets me to thinking!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts