Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This last weekend we were finally able to test some of our new prototype intake manifolds and the results were quite impressive.

Our first run was 200whp but as we tweaked the Pectel we were able to raise to the torque to the high 140's at the wheels. For comparison we dynoed a Focus today with mild bolt-ons and crower stage 2 cams. That car dynoed at 130whp with no cam tuning.

With the twin TB intake we dynoed 206whp and 148ft/lbs.

We also dynoed a Factory 5 Cobra with a 408cu/in. motor that we built and that dynoed in at 469whp and 490ft/lb torque.

Current car setup:
Crower 62503 cams
Crower Springs/Ti retainers
FC intake manifold
Stock shortblock (oil pan never removed)
FC cam gears
FC pulley kit
FC prototype Race 70mm TB
FC large tube 4-1 SS race header
FC Stage 3 ported head
Pectel engine management
30lb injectors
2.5" flexpipe
2.5" YoDude Exhaust

[ 10-29-2002, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: nader6972 ]

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Wow another NA focus in the 200 whp mark! Way to go!!!

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
was that on the twin TB setup????

Got 8whp more to go to beat tom

This is actually looking VERY promising for the NA drag racing setup. I mean, some of the fastest hondas out there NA are only pushing 240-250whp, and we are already at over 200whp + on stock blocks and fairly small compression

That car with a full built bottom end and bigger cams should do 230-240whp easy...setup for drag racing it should run mid to low 12's, but its gotta be fully gutted like those NA civics

[ 10-28-2002, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was with the blue intake pictured above.

G

·
0 Posts
how would u go about feeding the twin tb, like with two maf's and two intakes? Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
Is this a direct bolt-in replacement, with all the normal fittings on the back (for all the lines and stuff that connects to the stock manifold)?

This manifold looks interesting. I have an Aerocharger, which puts a charge tube directly in between the manifold and the firewall; will there still be enough room for everything? Does the throttle body move at all from stock?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by HNDAETR:
Is this pump gas or 100 no lead??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">91 octane.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
that right there is worth 10whp easy, 100octane and 5* more timing would give very nice gains, i wasnt aware that this was on 91octane, thats amazing.

Cant wait to see the FULL blown race engine dyno

But i bet with 10* more timing, 104octane that thing would lay down 215whp easy

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Checking out HCI I dont see a dyno for the blue intake.

Whats the deal with the blue intake? Is it plastic? Is it available?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
From the looks of it, the Short runner "custom" intake manifold looks like the Blue one but just not "composite", it looks like a Sheet metal or aluminum version of it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Very nice gains Nader. have you guys tried it on a bone stock focus? have you put one on a focus with the stock computer and bolt ons?
how is the driveability? would you need to reset the factory computer or burn a chip?

p.s.
when or do you think the intake will be for sale and how much?

·
Registered
673 Posts
nader please answer the other guy on the stock hookups for the intake manifold
if i ever get money to do this i want the dual but i don't wanna remove egr or any stock hoses
so please say those manifold will come with the correct hookups for stock equipment

G

·
0 Posts
already asked, but noone anwsered, so here it is. How would you feed the twin tb, like with two intakes and two mafs?? Thanks

1 - 20 of 47 Posts