Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
First off I want to say that I pick up my 03 focus on tuesday. With that said I used to be a saturn owner and that thing was not stock anymore by any means. Anyway I am part of an auto-x club and I am looking to gear the focus to do well but also remain my primary daily driver. So that leaves me to ask the question what can I do to the focus first to see the biggest results in performance but still mantain the vehicle enough to keep everything under warrentee? Is this even possible? If so what do you guys recomend? Hopfully this will be enough info to get the ball rolling......
thx,
Michael

·
Registered
96 Posts
First off, Just about any bolt on performance part will not void your warr. The dealer must prove that that part caused a failure.

Underdrive pulleys

Cold air intake

65mm Throttle body

Chip

Adj. Cam gears

Cams

Just check out so web sites that supply performance parts for focus. There is tons of stuff.

Happy Tunin'

·
Registered
411 Posts
you can turbo the car and still have it reliable and driveable. Just depends on the kit and mostly on the tuning.

please note that the stock cat converter is a weak link and will melt on you under adverse conditions...mostly with cam gear tuning and/or a shorty header.

·
Registered
194 Posts
congrads on getting the new focus. but also be carful with what you do as far as mods and make sure you do keep your stock stuff just in case. i blew my motor with only an intake and header on my car. but as far as things to do for mods i would go with
aem intake
crower stage 2 cams
str cam gears and make sure you change your spark plug wires cause the stock ones suck ass
and a good exhaust

1 - 5 of 5 Posts