3,046 Posts

The hatchback version looks like a EP3.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree with posters thus far. Great for Europe, bad for consumers in NA. Hopefully, the NA Focus will be an improvement in interior design (higher quality), superior NVH using the new 2.3L engine and probably most significant is improved reliability and quality. BTW, I believe all C170 Euro Focus have 4 wheel disc brakes.

There is no reason Focus can't sell 300K in USA. It's a shame that Ford ruined the reputation of this car.

NA C170 Focus: Great design, lousy quality

zedex3

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Hmm I like the new Front end, but I dont like the rear roof line slope. Thats one of my favorate design chacteristics on the current car...looks like it slopes down further then it accually does.

I'm just wondering how they are gonna [censored] up the styling on the US Focus come next spring...why no spy shots of it?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
It looks like a Vibe/Civic Si sorta thing...
You don't know if you want to call it a sport compact car, small suv, or a whatsyamacallit....I wish they would make the Focus look more like a Peugot (mispell)

·
Educating Mazda Owners One Thread at a Time
4,723 Posts
It talks of the most significant development being it's growth spurt
I thought the current cars have like a 103 inch wheelbase. How can going to a 103.9 inch base be that much of a spurt? Overall length has only changed a few of inches. Am I just an idiot? Or does this seem weird to anyone else?

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
That is some TITE bodywork on the front and back! I would buy the car just for that!

It is hard for me to give a
or
on a car that is so heavily covered with body cladding to hide its looks.

I've seen the other photos of the next gen Focus floating around as well but I'll save judgement for when I see some more revealing pictures of it on the road.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
front kinda looks like a taurus, but...
you cant deny the
of this
The new Focus will be offered with four-wheel disc brakes. Other safety features will include dual-stage front airbags, side curtain airbags, and seat-mounted front side airbags.

·
Registered
149 Posts

One word: Minivan

1 - 20 of 33 Posts