Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Latest Update.... PHOTO UPLOAD is available!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright ya'll. I think this is most likely the last changes for quite some time to the FC site until Ron and Nik setup a new one, but this should do.

Of course if needed I will adjust the hdcp's a bit, but few other changes will happen.

Here's the new changes.
  1. You can now sign-up for a FocusChallenge Event without payment.
  2. Payment for an FC event, now refers you to the Redline Payment Page
  3. The handicaps have been updated to include many new engine parameters as well as new weights (everyones hdcp should go up)
  4. Nik has the ability to post times much quicker and the results will be auto-calculated
  5. When Nik sets up an event, he has the ability to put a link to the html page at the redline site which will hold the "drivers" list. (redline maintains these pages for each event)
  6. The events page looks different now but should be simple to understand.
  7. I have updated the instructors page with the Barber Driving Experience Information and hyperlink
  8. The forums link now correctly links back to focaljet.
  9. And I have made some color changes and changed the top banner to use the most current banner. (The colors might be altered again, but the banners are going to stay)
That's about it...

I threw the SVTOA event on Nov 5th on the calender so people can start signing up now. Go ahead and sign-up if you plan on attending even if you might not be able to go, there is no obligation, you wont be official until you end up on the Redline Drivers List.

Nik, to do this you might need to accept FC money and forward it to SVTOA.. I dont know how this will work otherwise...

Thanks!

http://www.focuschallenge.com

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Thanks David! Lookin hot!

You've done a lot of good work with that site, and I certainly appreciate all that you did for it!

:thumbup:

Thanks again!

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
Though I still don't have a freakin picture. And my Buttonwillow time never made it up there. :eek:

:p

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
Trying to sign up, but someone I've never seen before has my #. :(

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
02_smurf said:
Though I still don't have a freakin picture. And my Buttonwillow time never made it up there. :eek:

:p
sorry smurf, I forgot, I will be adding the ability to upload your pic before long.
As well as update your track times.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Turbo's are centrifugal... they are just exhaust driven centrifugal vs belt driven.

And for now I'm considering turbo's vs centrifugals a wash being that turbo's add engine bay heat and complexity.

RickB1321 said:
Very nice work! Do you think you could add 2005 (&2006) to the profile list.

This is done.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
belacyrf said:
And for now I'm considering turbo's vs centrifugals a wash being that turbo's add engine bay heat and complexity.
I'd say there still needs to be a difference... as Cent Blowers take time to spin up to boost more than a turbo, and they also have their own heat issues to deal with (you can roast a marshmallow over mine after a spirited run). Granted no manifolds turning bright yellow-orange...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Thanks, very cool. 'IF YOU'RE IN FRONT OF ME, YOU'RE DRIVING TOOO SLOW"

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BUR_ZX3 said:
I'd say there still needs to be a difference... as Cent Blowers take time to spin up to boost more than a turbo, and they also have their own heat issues to deal with (you can roast a marshmallow over mine after a spirited run). Granted no manifolds turning bright yellow-orange...
But the complexity of driving a turbo is different. As turbo's have varying spool characteristics and mid corner throttle on a turbo isn't nearly as predictive as on a centrifugal. So because of the predictability of a supercharger vs turbocharger, I'm considering it a wash.

Plus superchargers usually use much bigger compressors, and therefor are more thermally efficient at the same power range than a turbo, also going for higher horsepower is easier as well as superchargers will create less turbulance than a smaller TC trying to reach the same power level with a smaller compressor.

Realistically, the fact that we are keeping people from 200 to 249 horsepower in the same group, really negates the whole need to get nit picky about turbos vs SC's. :D

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
yeah about that whole HP thing. The breakdown has it under 200, which is OK... but then 200 to 250, and then 250 and above. I think you wanna label it 200-249, or 200-250, then 251+

Suddenly I just detuned myself through my SCT to get 199.5, and gave myself another .75 hdcp points :thumbup:

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well actually its 250-300 and then 300 +

Remember our original motto. Assuming equal drivers the better car wins. Assuming equal cars the better driver wins.

Also the bigger and more important motto. It's more for fun than anything else :D

Any work I do on the website will be to that end. If Nik and Ron want to make it more hardcore, that is their perogative, but IMO it's a pandora's box of sorts, going down that road.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Todd... just FYI, remove the Reprogrammed ECU from your ala-cart list. I'm going to be removing that item from that category. As it's a given with FI and should not add more. So there is half a second back.

I added the reprogrammed ECU in the NA portion of engine mods.

·
Professor PowerSlide
5,944 Posts
I really like the hp generalities. Also in the blower vs turbo wars, really both have comparitive advantages and with the great flexability in programing and cam shafts, you can almost overlap the personality with one to another.

Todd you need a intercooler my friend.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He's non-intercooled. He's going to lose about 15-20 HP just with the heat.

your 150 will be solid! A car with 200 HP will not automatically out run a car with 150.
Also you have coilovers and he has just springs and shocks. So you have given up half a second there. Really engine to engine you have 2.5 seconds. And this is based off the streets of willow config. For high horsepower tracks like Big Willow, you might see a track factor of say 1.5 which means your 2.5 seconds becomes 3.75 seconds.

These numbers were based off our experience at the streets of willow, which is not really a HP track.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BUR_ZX3 said:
I detuned to 199.5 ;)
Yup, obviously with the very general handicap system, people can play with things to try and get the most out of the system. Of course if they win, they will get an additional 1 Point deducted from their hdcp the next event. So it will all work out :D

I know that next event, Lorin will have 2 points, Kee 1 Point, Scott Laird 1 Point.. .as those are the 4 winners I am aware of! Lorin with 2 points shouldn't be winning for a while hehe :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts