Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this will gold true for the focus performance world, but I was skimming through Honda Tuning as my oil was gettin changed and they were dynoing "misc" products that had claims of power gains...and they gained 5whp and 3 ft/lbs TQ by upgrading the GROUND system....would this work the same for us?shooot any little gain is a gain I say..

D

·
0 Posts
i was wondering that also..... i've seen some people selling grounding kits..

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Donald:
i was wondering that also..... i've seen some people selling grounding kits..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">any online links I can check out? Im always up to trying out and dyno testing new parts

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
I have this, got it at www.sunautomitive.com
it had a very good review in import tuner magazine.

I have not installed it yet. Im waiting to do my recall for the battery wires, cause, dont want ford messing with anything.

chris

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
All I know is is that a proper ground is very important. Why pay arospeed when you can make one yourself. I will donate some #8 fine strand thhn if that's what it takes for someone to dyno test this. I haven't seen one up close but I believe all it is is four grounds from the neutral to the valve cover.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i recently built one for my car and right away i notice a little quicker throttle responce
not enough to justify the purchase of a kit
i used finr copper #4 wire (beefy) with copperends easy and free
extra wire from work

2k zx3
bored tb
2.25 home made exhaust
3in home made intake soon to be cai
now grnd kit

·
Registered
518 Posts
I used alot of amp wire left over. Its all in red and matches my underhood scheme. Dont know if it helped or not but it made the engine look nice

·
Registered
320 Posts
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do you mean #4 wire of 4 awg? If you use 4 awg... DAMN, that's thick!! I had some left over, silver, 8 awg from my old stereo that I was going to throw in as soon as I get a distro block for my car.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
[/QUOTE]Do you mean #4 wire of 4 awg? If you use 4 awg... DAMN, that's thick!! I had some left over, silver, 8 awg from my old stereo that I was going to throw in as soon as I get a distro block for my car.

No he meant 4/0. 4awg is not really that big at all.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
show me how to advance the timing without re-burning the ECU, and i'll do it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
in case anybody cares, i saw 3 sets of the arospeed kit on e-bay for $60 plus shipping.
anyway, what would be the the more important grounds to replace? for the most power

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Very Very easy to do yourself I bet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How do we do this ourselves? I have no idea where the ground wires are! Quick someone post a How-To this could be a possible mod-of-the-week!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ok. i spoke to my stepfather. he owns an auto electric shop. very good source. His quote was " The ground wires should be as big or bigger than your hot wires.". So i did the mod to my car. great results. I replaced the ground on my battery, on the engine block, and on the tranny. And just for kicks i added another on the back of the block. I used 4awg. that stuff is like 3/4 inch thick braded copper. and i bought some fancy gold plated connectors, and some shrink tubes from radioshack. price was around 10$ for everything. the car runs so smooth now. I posted a similar topic a few days ago.

·
Registered
384 Posts
mattndew676, how bout some pics and a how-to post.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
although i can see how this could improve the efficiency of your electrical system i could never see shelling out $100. as many have said earlier in this post, i bet one could make this same kit for 1/4 the price using car audio equipment.

Nate

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
If they are getting a bigger spark and hence a faster initial burn, why not just advance the timing. Probably give you the same 5hp/3ftlbs.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts