Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, just bought a 02 svt and am impressed so far. I just recently ordered an AEM cold air and alternator pulley. Any tips on a good exhaust that won't make it sound like a 4 cylinder lawn mower? I am also looking to add more, but I want to keep it dependable for daily driving....any tips??? also, what companies make good products for us? thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
For the exhaust go Borla or Mangnaflow. I have Borla and would not trade it for anything. Nice low tone through the whole rpm band. (as low as you can get on a 4cyl). The rear motor mount stiffens things up a bit. In my case I was having problem with the engine hitting the firewall on launches. With the motor mount that has stopped (on launches blow 5K
). It will also improve high speed shifting, and overall makes the car, well feel better is the best way I can put it. It also helps on hard breaking, and hard accel. go here to read more about it.... focussport.com...look under products, then engine. Look through there for other mods as well. Also, if you have not already tried the search option for this forrum it can come in handy. There is a bunch of info on here about all this stuff. Welcome to the Jet!

Also, there is a button next to your post that lets you edit your post so you dont have to post twice. Good way to keep things nice and clean...see I did it because I forgot to mention about the edit button to the right of posts.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Congrats on getting your 2002 SVTF and welcome to the Jet!!!

I will leave the mod questions to be answered by the jetters that have modded their cars aleady.

·
Registered
734 Posts
do a search for the motor mount and see what people have said about it. I love it, makes the car feel alot better and more connected and less engine movement, its suprising what that one little mount can do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts