Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I'm Curtis Menard from O&C Racing in McDonough, GA. We're in the process of building an 03 ZX3 with a v8 using Kugel's kit. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved with this site for all the great information. I was able to find out about ZX3Tuning.com's great deal on FK coilovers and purchase a set. If anyone has questions concering the Kugel kit and how it goes together let me know. We're doing the conversion ourselves so we can give you an honest opinion.

The car is an 03 Pitch Black ZX3 with less than 6000 miles on it. We bought the car new in January just for this purpose. Having come from a primarily Mustang backround the V8 Focus thing looked really cool to do. We were going to build the car with a Drag race theme in mind but after seeing all the incredible looking cars on here we changed our minds. So far we have gotten the FK coil overs for the front, SVT front knuckles, rotors, and calipers, 18x7.5 SSR competitions for the front with 225/40-18 S-03's and 18x9.5 SSR's with 275/35-18 S-03's out back. Thanks to this site and a call to Batinc we will be putting all the european RS bumpers, sideskirts, grills, and lights in the car as well. I almost forgot to mention the 347 5-speed combo that should give us 425 Rwhp and 400+ ft/lbs of torque. This car will be fuel injected sporting a converted Victor Jr. carb intake to clear the hood. Anything you guys and gals think I missed let me know. Once again thanks for the great site and excellent information these forums provided.

If there are any factory parts you are looking for let me know. I now have a shop full of them

Curtis Menard
O&C Racing

·
Registered
751 Posts
You're more than welcome here

This car sounds like its gonna be SICK

SSR Comps are my favorite wheels. Did you have to get them custom drilled?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
How much is the whole thing costing you? I think thats awesome. Why are yuou getting all of the parts from a focus if you have to change everything out? LOL Let us know how it all comes together and takes lots and lots of pictures. LOL L8er Jon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blueSVT2911:
I did have to redrill the front hubs and rotors to 4x100 in order to use those wheels on the front. They are 18x7.5 with a 42mm offset. Local guy here that does machine work for us charged me $40 to do it.

I'm not getting all the parts "from" a Focus. Well wait, OK they all came from our Focus
. Now we just have a shop full of low mileage stuff that needs a new home LOL! so it will quite taking up space.

Curtis

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
woot! V8 foci on the boards.... sickness. As stated above, please post final costs and pictures

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
what you gonna do with MTX75? Depending on the price we can talk bout it lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the Jet, sounds like you'll fit in perfectly here, please keep us all up to date on how things are goin', and good luck

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Welcome to the Jet Curtis!!!!

As you are already probably aware of is that focaljet contains a wealth of information,help,recommendations,etc.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sounds like you guys did your homework and made a lot of [FJ]-friendly choices. I can't WAIT to see this thing!!

Welcome to the Jet!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts