Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a newb from Santa Cruz. Just picked up an '02 Focus SVT today. I found this site referenced from Grassroots Motorsports website while I was doing my research on the car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice. I swear I used to see more Focus SVT's around the bay area back in the day.

BTW, would you happen to know a shop in the South Bay that I can trust to replace my timing belt?

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
What part of Santa Cruz? I grew up on the east side and then in Aptos where my parents still are.

Many years ago...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on the Westside near UCSC. Aptos is nice. How long ago did you live here? The one bad thing here is the lack of good restaurants. I need to get my Focus registered so I can go drive Hwy 9!

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
I moved up to Sac in August 2008. Definitely a great food scene up here.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to find a place to get my timing belt done locally in Santa Cruz. I tried R&D Motorsports and they told me they don't even have the tools to work on it. They work on Euro cars like Porsches and BMW's but I guess the Focus SVT uses some exotic tools.

·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts
The tools are cheap - just a cam holder bar (I guarantee they already have one that will fit) and a TDC pin for the crank. I would much prefer taking the car to a Euro shop to have the belt changed than some place that is used to working on Ford trucks. So long as you provide them with the procedure list from the OEM Ford manual, I'm sure they're more than competent.

Here's the kit I have and it's great. Massive makes killer products in my experiences:

http://massivespeedsystem.com/_massive_speed_system_/massive_absolute_timing_tool_family/mato8754/i-273565.aspx

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sadly I called two Euro speed shops and they don't work on Focus SVT's in particular. I'll probably just end up taking it to where I got my other car dyno tuned at.

·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts
Sadly I called two Euro speed shops and they don't work on Focus SVT's in particular. I'll probably just end up taking it to where I got my other car dyno tuned at.
LMAO, pussies. I did several jobs on my brother's Boxster S. I'd gladly work on an SVT any day over that thing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally found a place to go. It's quite a drive but whatever. Little shop in Hayward that I used to take my Miata to.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Right in Campbell there's a shop that would most likely do it. It was called TPS bit it just changed names and I can't remember what it changed too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll just go to PR Motorsports in Hayward. The first shop to not puss out when I said that it's an SVTF. These guys provided me great service for my Miata a few years ago so I trust them. I take my Evo to another shop across town from them for tuning and stuff anyways so I don't mind the drive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts