Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I bought a 2014 ford focus se last February and it was great. However for about the past 8 months I have been having a consistent issue. The check engine light comes on and the car has a very hard time shifting gears and sometimes starting. I took it to the dealership and the code said that one of the clutch actuators was stuck on. So they replaced one and said it was good. But it kept happening, so they replaced the other clutch actuator as well. And the problem still occurs. I am very confused as to what it is because it only happens sometimes. I can go a whole month and it works fine. Then it'll have problems for a week. Then be fine again. I don't want to take it to the dealership again cause this has already cost me about $1700. I'm hoping to find a probable solution here and take it to a local mechanic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
At some point you start questioning everything they do, I take it your not too car savvy. Any who neither than I on fords haha. The automatics have had a never ending problem since 2014. It is a Manual Duel clutch that engages automatically. They have clutch chatter issues, flywheel cracking or imbalances and torque converter shutter issues where the stater in it can fall apart or get stuck open causing it to over heat. From a quick google search it looks like the actuators are what allow the transmission to shift between gears. It is commanded by the TCM (transmission control module) some symptoms are harsh shifting between gears, no start ups, harsh downshifting , stalling ..If you take it back to the dealer they very well may try to re flash the TCM if there's a updated software. Check your TCM connector for damages to the wire and perhaps disconnected it and look for corrosion and clean as needed. If you see copper wires showing cut it out and splice a new section of wire. Use water tight bud connectors (heat shrinks)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts