·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a long tube header although the pictures arnt correct you cant make a 4-2-1 shorty it has to be a long tube eliminating the cat.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
How is it that the chome header is only $199 and the ceramic is $225. I thought chrome plating cost more?!?!?

·
Registered
204 Posts
For something that cheap, I would be worried about quality.....

Sells for $225.. typical profit margin of what....say... 20% or so.... SO their cost would be around $185.....

So either they use poor quality materials if their margins are higher, or the quality of the craftsmenship is low because at that price, they cant be paying their workers good money..and only very skilled workers get good money...so deduce from that.. I would be skeptical to say the least.... I have seen examples of both Hedman and JBA headers for applications other than the Focus, and they were honestly pieces of crap. horrible welds, metal hanging into the exhaust path, crappy ceramic coating... and Im sure it wasnt a fluke..... If anyone is serious about installing a header on their Focus, go with the existing ones, and not these cheap POS's

Nikolas

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
you cant make a 4-2-1 shorty
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Eslinger actually built a prototype model (I think it actually appeared in the HCC with the 65 parts for the Ford Focus....)

Thing swung way out to the right side and looked like a trombone....

Don't think they ever went into production with it though.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The workmanship shouldnt be very low its a reputable shop and a friend with a honda has one looks like a good piece and holy **** did you see that chrome header on the website?? i damn near jizzed at the welds on that thing! and that polish job ouch!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Did anyone notice that there is a difference between the chrome plated version and the ceramic version?

The ceramic version looks like a 4-2-1 design but what's the flange for half way down the #4 pipe? The chrome header looks like a 4-1 design. The two versions are definately not the same. My guess is they don't have picutures of the Focus design and just used pics that look similar to the Focus design.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i am a whole saler for hp and the header will be avilable in 2 weeks very good wook to it isnt crap at all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts