Ford Focus Forum banner

New Honda Civic SI

784 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Rally Man 
#1 ·
My buddy just got a 2003 Civic SI, I gotta say, that car is pretty fast. We raced and we were dead even through second gear, but after that he pulled away from me. We both have AEM CAI's. The Civic has nice low end tq, right around 2 grand it kicks in. It didnt handle as good as the focus. But it still is a very quick car. I have to go to work on the old Zetec so I can keep up with him

Blu

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmm...me thinks this wont last very long unless you add that you were at a race track....

#4 ·
Seriously, this racing crap is getting old. I hate street racing too, I've never even tried to. It just is annoying when someone posts about a stupid race they did and everyone is like "so you were at the track right??" Yea, right, what are the chances that they would go to the track. I'd say quite slim. FocalJet should just ban all racing stories, or have a forum JUST for TRACK races. If you don't post the track, it gets deleted. It's just annoying seeing all these stupid threads all the time.

#5 ·
Sorry, We werent street racing, we were racing at the air port. Every weekend, they open up the air port and you pay $10 to race, they have cops mark off the 1/4 mile and radar you and let you know how fast you were going. So take it easy

Blu

#6 ·
Originally posted by Blu_by_U_withmyZX3:
Sorry, We werent street racing, we were racing at the air port. Every weekend, they open up the air port and you pay $10 to race, they have cops mark off the 1/4 mile and radar you and let you know how fast you were going. So take it easy

Blu
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Awesome stuff man, I heard of places doing that to, I wish they would do the same around here though
We have an airport sitting there doing nothing, It be cool if we could race there

#9 ·
My friend have a new SI w/ sportline and my ZX3 have cat-back/UPD/Iceman/KW. And we switch car all the time. According to my butt dyno, the SI w/ 160hp don't feel much faster than my car. Plus Focus handle alot better. However SI's interior is ALOT better, especially the seat.

#10 ·
Originally posted by FocusZX3Rules:
Seriously, this racing crap is getting old. I hate street racing too, I've never even tried to. It just is annoying when someone posts about a stupid race they did and everyone is like "so you were at the track right??" Yea, right, what are the chances that they would go to the track. I'd say quite slim. FocalJet should just ban all racing stories, or have a forum JUST for TRACK races. If you don't post the track, it gets deleted. It's just annoying seeing all these stupid threads all the time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmm...not a bad idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.