Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just bought a new silver st focus yesterday and am excited to join a new forum. I am suprised by the 2.3 because i'm coming from a v8 dakota. It has some pep for sure but i will wait to rev it up till more miles tick off. My only plans right now are to get 2004 svt focus wheels from tire rack and a focussport front lip. The stock st exhaust has a pretty good burble so i will hold off on a cat back. It was between the st and a mazda3s. For whatever reason i liked the 2.3 in the focus more than 2.3 in the mazda. The discounts on the focus with the family plan made it an easy pick.
Hello,

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
look into cosworth too. Congrats on the purchase and welcome to [FJ] its the best place for focus enthusiasts. We have a great community here you will learn to love it

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's sleeperlove. I'm not too sure how far i want to mess with the engine besides the normal bolt on's. I want to keep it simple and i'm am not a fan of loud inline four exhaust sound.

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
understandable. dont be afraid to ask questions.
there are lots of ways to make power but keep the noise down i am sure you will learn these in your time here
good luck

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Thank's sleeperlove. I'm not too sure how far i want to mess with the engine besides the normal bolt on's. I want to keep it simple and i'm am not a fan of loud inline four exhaust sound.
haha i hear ya good move...as with any car modding the engine requires toying alot....depending on how far you go...after boosting i've noticed i'm usually under the hood 2 to 3 times a week thinking about something or checking into another...i love how my car performs looks and sounds however but that all comes with cost and time....i originally bought my car as well for just a form of reliable transportation that had a warranty and that i could drive every day.....now i have a beater car and i have the focus to the point i might drive it 5 times a month...i love having a tuner car however when i bought it...it was between the focus and a 67 chevelle SS w/ the 454 and posi traction....w/ what i have done to the focus now i wish i would have gotten the chevelle...however the focus is a car i built that i know and am proud of so i am happy and i'm sure you are just as proud of your decision as well...in any case welcome and have fun w/ the car it is definetly a fun car to drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts