Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I had an account awhile back, Robby04zx5 but I had a ton of trouble recovering it, may have been purged because it's been awhile since a login. I just posted somewhere else and saw it was my first post, so I figured I'd come reintroduce myself!

YEARS ago a buddy of mine bought a ZX3 brand new, maybe 2002. That was my first taste of Focus. He then got an SVT, and then out of the focus game. Fast forward to 2012, picked my wife up a cheap base ZX3 as a daily, and I gotta say, I forgot how much fun they were! I needed a cheap daily in 2014 or so so I bought a very cheap, very high miles ZX5. It put in WORK from travel to a part time job at Dominos! I got rid of it, had a Corolla which I HATED, a foST which was a real good idea on paper, but just didn't like once I had it, and now daily a fiST which is amazing, feels a LOT like a modded MK1. We still have my wife's MK1, and the forum has been key in keeping it going. I'm hoping to maybe have a little fun with it, so I'm starting to explore some possible mods. Just frustrating that so many players from back in the day seem to be out of the game, running into a lot of empty web space.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Welcome back!

I have two 2004 ZX3's -both manual 2.3's. One of them is my dd,the other is my old rallyx car,that I've been procrastinating on getting going again.

I also have a 2.5 swapped Gen 1 Mazda3 5-speed(Foci cousin) in my driveway,but its not quite mine yet.

What didn't you like about the foST? And I've yes-heard the fiST feels kinda mk1 Focusish....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back!

I have two 2004 ZX3's -both manual 2.3's. One of them is my dd,the other is my old rallyx car,that I've been procrastinating on getting going again.

I also have a 2.5 swapped Gen 1 Mazda3 5-speed(Foci cousin) in my driveway,but its not quite mine yet.

What didn't you like about the foST? And I've yes-heard the fiST feels kinda mk1 Focusish....
I know this is sacrilegious, but I didn't like the Recaros... They felt great when hitting back roads, but didn't feel great for me daily driving. The car also just felt like it didn't do anything right in my eyes. It was too big to be a small car (like the Fiesta,) it was too slow to be a fast car, and the turning radius was real bad, and I live in / close to the city. I also can't stand a center exit exhaust. LoL Just wasn't the car for me.

I love the Mazda 3! I shopped the speed before buying the Focus, and I'm trying to talk my wife into replacing her MK1 Focus with one!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been a member since Dec 2000 and my '09 SES Coupe won Coupe of the year at the FOTB 2010.
That's awesome! I know lots of people hate on the USDM MK2, but modified they look great! I love hatchbacks in general, so the fact that there's no hatch option is what's kept me away. I love that some SESs come with what look like EAP SVT wheels though! Would LOVE to get some of those for my ZX3, or **** even my fiST...!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts